The NFL has been in the news a lot over the last two years but more for their “kneeling” ways than for what they are doing on the field. That has much to do with the steep decline in television ratings and now we see another trend within the league.
The teams that still had players kneeling for the National Anthem are now all watching the playoffs from home.
BizPac reports that at the end of the regular season, only five franchises still had at least one player regularly sitting or taking a knee during the national anthem: The 49ers, Raiders, Seahawks, Giants, and Dolphins.
Not a single one of those teams made it to the playoffs. Following divisional playoffs over the weekend, the New England Patriots, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, and Philadelphia Eagles are the last four teams left standing.
Recently named the least popular sport, the NFL has much to do to repair the damage that they have done. As usual, ole’ Bullethead has a few suggestions.
- Stop lying. The NFL says it’s not about the military and the country but you could choose 23 hours and 57 minutes in the day to kneel but you choose to do it during the National Anthem. Your fans, or should I say former fans are not stupid.
- Stop Lying. The NFL is kneeling for a lie. It’s that simple. They claim they are doing it because the police abuse minorities and study after study prove that to be false. How does it feel to ruin your profession for a lie?
- Stop Lying. The League says that it is the player’s right to kneel and that is a lie. The players are employed and they have to do what the bosses say. Do you think College Football or Baseball or the NBA stand just because? Of course not. There is leadership within those leagues that have obviously made sure that their profession doesn’t go down like the NFL has.
- Apologize and do it now! The NFL, the Teams or the Players have no right to do what they have done. Many will never forgive you so get used to lower advertising rates and less fans in the seats but some still love football. You owe them an apology.
- Discipline Michael Bennett. That’s right. Bennett lied about his encounter with the Las Vegas Police Department. He claimed racism when none existed. You owe those heroes in Las Vegas that ran to reported gunfire your attention on Bennett.
- Disband the Cleveland Browns. Do I need to say anything else? They are full of kneelers and may never win another game!
There you have it and I’m not waiting for any of this to actually happen. The NFL is a wreck and they have sided with whining liars over America. Ole’ Bullethead does feel bad for the good players in the NFL. Players like Dominique Alexander (Browns), J.J. Watt (Texans) and at least two players from the Patriots are good men that love their country and they have to watch this nonsense up close.
Until next time. Bullethead out!