Police Officers Needed – Entry level and lateral applicants wanted!
Entry level Police Officers at the West Valley City Police Department start out earning $56k+ per year!
WVCPD’s mission is to work in partnership with the community to protect life and property, solve neighborhood problems, and enhance the quality of life in our City. We are looking to hire officers who believe that community policing reflects a set of values, rather than a set of prescribed technical standards.
As a Police Officer with the West Valley City Police Department you will be responsible for the protection of life and property, and the enforcement of federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Required: You must have a copy of your passing NPOST Results if you are from the state of Utah.
- Pay 1 for 1 service credit for previous experience up to 10 years (including Corrections time)
- Step 1 $27.15/hour ($56,472/year) – $28.50/hour (graveyard hours)
- Step 10 $39.11/hour ($81,350/year) – $41.06 (graveyard hours)
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Paid time off 1 for 1 service credit for previous experience (including Corrections time)
- Year 1-5, 4 hours/pay period (184 hours/year)
- Year 20+ 8 hours/pay period (288 total hours/year)
- Paid holidays
- Utah Retirement Systems
- Pension and/or 401(k)
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 21 years of age
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written
- Must have a copy of passing NPOST exam scores (70% or higher in each section of the test) if from Utah