Police Officer, Entry Level, Albany, OR
The City of Albany is currently hiring for entry level Police Officer. The department requires the completion of the Frontline National exam as well as their department application.
The application MUST be completed by June 18, 2021. Visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/albanyor
The written exam MUST be completed by June 18, 2021.
Salary Information: $61,969.53 – $78,028.11 Annually
Department Information: Albany sits in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette River valley, on the banks of the Willamette and Calapooia rivers.
From river town beginnings and the development first of the railroads and later highways and Interstate 5, Albany’s nickname of “Hub City” is the perfect way to describe how you’ll be at the center of all that Oregon has to offer.
In around an hour you can be in Portland to the north; Pacific Ocean beaches and deep sea fishing to the west; and skiing, camping, fishing, boating, hunting, and more to the east in the Cascades.
City Information: Albany is in Linn and Benton Counties
Inside the 17.7 square miles of city limits, Albany is credited by historians and architects with having the most varied collection of historic buildings in Oregon. This collection includes styles from the 1840s through the late 1920s and is concentrated in an area of about 100 square blocks. Four historic districts are listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.
Age : 21
US Citizen : Must be a U.S. citizen, or obtain U.S. citizenship within 18 months from the hire date, or be a nonimmigrant legal admitted to the U.S. under a Compact of Free Association (OAR 259-008-0010)
High School Grad/GED : Yes
Valid OREGON State Driver’s License : Yes, or obtain a valid Oregon driver’s license and meet the department’s personal driving record standards prior to assuming duties.
Ability to Read/Speak English : Yes
College : Preferred, but not required.
Additional Requirements :
- Must be available to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to proficiently and effectively read, speak, and write the English language. Bilingual in English and Spanish desirable.
- Must meet Department’s physical agility qualifications.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation and integrity interview that establishes strong moral character. Any conduct that could compromise the integrity of the employee, other employees, the Department or the City will be closely evaluated. Felony convictions and disqualifying criminal histories are not allowed.
- Must successfully complete psychological and medical evaluation prior to employment.
- Must meet state requirements for certification as a law enforcement officer with the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training.
- Must be a first responder and have CPR certification within 12 months of employment.
- Must successfully pass CJIS security check and complete LEDS Certification requirements within six months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain police officer certification from the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training within 12 months of employment.
- Qualification standards include a requirement that the individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others in the workplace.
Hiring Process : The screening process will consist of the following: (Dates subject to change)
- Friday, June 18, 2021
- City of Albany Application Deadline: Visit GovernmentJobs
- Written Evaluation Deadline with National Testing Network (NTN):
- NOTE: Written test scores will only be accepted directly from NTN.
- Thursday, July 8, 2021, & Friday, July 9, 2021 (if needed)
- Virtual Interviews: Five (5) minute interviews. No in-person interviews will be provided.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT): Obstacle course conducted at the Albany Police Department consisting of jogging, jumping, crawling, climbing stairs, crossing a balance beam 6 inches wide by 15 feet long, manipulating a push and pull station, controlling 80 lbs or weight, and dragging a 165 lb. dummy 25 feet , as required by DPSST in 5 minutes and 30 seconds. http://www.oregon.gov/dpsst/at/pages/orpat.aspx
- NOTE: ORPAT scores will not be accepted by other law enforcement testing agencies. In addition, scores from this testing process will not be provided to applicants or other testing law enforcement agencies.
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021 – Thursday, July 29, 2021 (if needed)
- Oral Board Interview: In-person interview with Albany Police interview panel.
- Following Dates To Be Determined
- Captain’s Interview
- Pre-Employment Background Investigation
- Chief’s Interview
- Pre-Employment Psychological Evaluation
- Pre-Employment Medical Evaluation