Bailiff, City of Carrollton, TX
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing order and security to the Court and its proceedings. Brings defendants in and out of court. Ensures warrants are properly cleared from the system after being served. Work is performed with limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides security and order at the Municipal Court, which includes: escorting jurors into the court; bringing defendants into the courtroom and briefing them on the process; providing defendant files to the judge; recording court proceeding events and results; arresting defendants as directed by the Magistrate or with a warrant; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Processes warrant clearances and verifies that warrants are properly cleared from the system after having been served.
- Files a variety of court paperwork, utilizing established guidelines and procedures.
- Assists Deputy Marshal’s in apprehending and detaining individuals on warrants and contempt violations.
- Reviews and signs warrant affidavits after confirming accuracy of information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.;
- Some college coursework in criminal justice studies;
- Two years law enforcement experience;
- Requires Peace Officer Certification issued by the State of Texas.
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, and manual dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of over 100 pounds.
- Work is typically performed in a standard office environment.
- Potential exposure to infectious diseases and criminal suspects.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must pass motor vehicle records check.
PAY: $21.52 HOURLY