Police Officer, Tulsa Police Department
- Applicants must be 21-45 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and reside in the Tulsa Metropolitan area once hired.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree with a 2.00 grade point average or better at an accredited college. No military hours or credits are accepted unless they are received from or converted through an accredited college.
- Far Visual Acuity of at least 20/30 in each eye with or without corrective lenses.
- Peripheral Vision without correction of 140 degrees in the horizontal median in each eye.
- Ability to distinguish red and green on a standard Ishihara test for color blindness.
- On average, hearing loss unaided in the better ear not greater than 40db at 500Hz, 1000Hz and 2000 Hz.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony or a crime of moral turpitude.
- Applicants must not have used marijuana less than one (1) year prior to application.
- Applicants must not have used any illicit drugs, nor any prescription drugs not prescribed to them, less than five (5) years prior to application.
Remember, if you don’t have your 4-year college degree, you can still serve as a Tulsa Police Reserve Officer. All of the requirements and training are the same, with the exception of the 4-year degree.
12 simple steps: that’s all that lies between you and the most rewarding career you can imagine. It’s not an easy process. It is intended to identify the best of the best, to separate will-be’s from want-to-be’s, and we’re here to support and help you succeed.
The steps below are presented in the order they typically follow; however, scheduling constraints and other factors may result in your completion of them in a slightly-altered order. The entire process from initial application to the first day of your Academy will most likely take several months.
At the Tulsa Police Department, we love out-of-state applicants. In fact, about 20% of our officers are from states other than Oklahoma. From Hawaii, to California, to New Jersey, our team and culture are stronger than ever.
If you are applying from out of state, contact a recruiter to discuss our testing schedule. Reasonable schedule accommodations may be possible to assist you in completing the process.
To apply for this job please visit https://www.jointpd.com/contact-a-recruiter.