San Antonio Airport Terminals Reopen after Bomb Threat

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Passengers are being allowed back inside San Antonio International Airport terminals after being herded onto the tarmac when a bomb threat was called into the airport alleging three packages had been left inside a parking garage.

Airport spokeswoman Nora Castro says flights also are being allowed to land again at the airport Wednesday. But San Antonio Fire Department spokeswoman Deborah Foster says roads leading to and from the airport remain closed while bomb-sniffing dogs continue to search the parking garage.

Castro says the dogs at one point appeared to detect something suspicious in the garage, but it turned out to be a false hit. Foster says they haven't found any device.

Foster says about 2,000 passengers were cleared from two terminals after the evacuation order was called at 2:35 p.m.



RELATED ARTICLES

Memo Shows Special Treatment for Oklahoma Reserve Deputy Charged in Fatal Shooting

Man Fatally Shot by Police Outside NY Bar; Weapon Recovered

Protests Begin in Baltimore

Demonstrators rally after suspect died while in police custody.

Video: Texas Officers Save Man in Burning SUV

Two Mesquite officers pull an unconscious driver from a burning vehicle

Training Expert Calls for Change in Oklahoma

State’s top training official says continuing education should be a requirement.

Oregon Deputy Killed in Crash

Coos County deputy killed when thrown from overturning ATV while patrolling timber land.

LAW OFFICER CONNECT

CURRENT DISCUSSIONS

 
JOBS