FEATURED IN TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
Editor's Note: Each week, Law Officer will post a Social Media Quick Tip that's intended to help law enforcement officers better navigate the world of social media.
Make your Facebook URL (Web address) more memorable and short enough to fit on a website or business card by creating a custom URL. Your department's Facebook page can have it’s own URL once you get 25 fans.
Once you're logged in as the page administrator, type into the Web address bar “facebook.com/username” and hit enter. You will be presented with a dialog box where you select the page for which you’re creating the URL and type in your desired URL. Facebook checks to see if it’s available. If it is, confirm your choice.
The "gotcha" here is that if you type incorrectly and misspell the desired URL, you’re stuck with it--unless you’re tight with someone at Facebook.
Don’t call me; I’m not!
- Mimeographers v. MySpacers: The Generation Gap in Social Media Policies
- Social Media Quick Tip: Tweet Often
- Social Media Quick Tip: Should You Tie Your Facebook & Twitter Accounts Together?
- Social Media Quick Tip: Choose Your Facebook Profile Photo Wisely
- Social Media Quick Tip: Turn Your Department's Profile Into a Fan Page