FEATURED IN NEWS
- Union Official: Ferguson Officer Confident About Grand Jury Decision
- Shooting in New Jersey Home Claims Two Children
- Three Wounded in Shooting at Florida State University
- Cleveland Settles 2012 Pursuit and Shooting
- Missouri Governor Declares State of Emergency
- Man Killed in Bronx Subway Shove
- Off-Duty Ohio Officer Killed, Others Wounded in Pub
EAST POINT, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say they've arrested a woman in the death of a suburban Atlanta police officer who was shot in her head.
U.S. Marshals spokesman James Joyner says Marshals and the Fulton County police arrested Danielle Parker on Tuesday in the death of 32-year-old Crystal Parker.
Authorities say the two had been roommates. Information on a potential motive for the shooting was not immediately available.
Crystal Parker, a seven-year veteran of the East Point Police Department, was found dead inside her house south of Atlanta on Sunday night. Authorities have said Parker's home had also been burglarized in mid-June. She was named the department's officer of the year in 2012.
It was not immediately clear if Danielle Parker had an attorney.