FEATURED IN NEWS
- Attorney General Heads to Ferguson; Grand Jury Expected to Convene
- Children among Eight Held Hostage in Illinois Standoff; Officers Shot
- St. Louis Police Shoot to Stop Armed Man Threatening Officers
- New Orleans Police Chief Retires
- California Police Foil School Shooting Plot
- More Violence and Injured Officers in Ferguson
- Militias Complicate Texas Border Situation
EAST POINT, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say they've arrested a woman in the death of a suburban Atlanta police officer who was shot in her head.
U.S. Marshals spokesman James Joyner says Marshals and the Fulton County police arrested Danielle Parker on Tuesday in the death of 32-year-old Crystal Parker.
Authorities say the two had been roommates. Information on a potential motive for the shooting was not immediately available.
Crystal Parker, a seven-year veteran of the East Point Police Department, was found dead inside her house south of Atlanta on Sunday night. Authorities have said Parker's home had also been burglarized in mid-June. She was named the department's officer of the year in 2012.
It was not immediately clear if Danielle Parker had an attorney.