FEATURED IN NEWS
- Albuquerque Teens Charged in Deaths of Homeless Men
- Texas Governor Deploys National Guard Troops to Border
- Police Find Similarities in Stockton Hostage Incident and Other Bank Robberies
- Albuquerque Police Investigate Rash of Attacks on Homeless People
- NYPD Officers on Desk Duty after Arrest Death
- Man Dies in Struggle with NYPD Officers during Arrest
- Cleveland Police Settle Lawsuit over Fatal Shooting
EAST POINT, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say they've arrested a woman in the death of a suburban Atlanta police officer who was shot in her head.
U.S. Marshals spokesman James Joyner says Marshals and the Fulton County police arrested Danielle Parker on Tuesday in the death of 32-year-old Crystal Parker.
Authorities say the two had been roommates. Information on a potential motive for the shooting was not immediately available.
Crystal Parker, a seven-year veteran of the East Point Police Department, was found dead inside her house south of Atlanta on Sunday night. Authorities have said Parker's home had also been burglarized in mid-June. She was named the department's officer of the year in 2012.
It was not immediately clear if Danielle Parker had an attorney.