FEATURED IN NEWS
- Judge Rejects Restriction Order on Maine Nurse
- Two Arizona Officers Killed in Crashes
- California Officer Remembered as Loving Father, Son
- Violent Attack on D.C. Officer
- Pennsylvania Ambush Suspect Captured, Cuffed with Slain Trooper's Handcuffs
- Arizona Detention Officer Fatally Shoots Inmate in Struggle
- Naloxone Given to Illinois Police Departments
EAST POINT, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say they've arrested a woman in the death of a suburban Atlanta police officer who was shot in her head.
U.S. Marshals spokesman James Joyner says Marshals and the Fulton County police arrested Danielle Parker on Tuesday in the death of 32-year-old Crystal Parker.
Authorities say the two had been roommates. Information on a potential motive for the shooting was not immediately available.
Crystal Parker, a seven-year veteran of the East Point Police Department, was found dead inside her house south of Atlanta on Sunday night. Authorities have said Parker's home had also been burglarized in mid-June. She was named the department's officer of the year in 2012.
It was not immediately clear if Danielle Parker had an attorney.