FEATURED IN NEWS
- Kenya Mall Attack Prompts NYPD Terror Drill
- Michigan Police Make Arrests after Big 10 Championship Game
- One Year Later: Newtown after Tragic Shooting
- California Deputy in Fatal Shooting Returns to Duty
- ODMP: New Mexico Sergeant Succumbs to Earlier Crash Injuries
- New Mexico Trooper Fired in Van Shooting Incident
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
EAST POINT, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say they've arrested a woman in the death of a suburban Atlanta police officer who was shot in her head.
U.S. Marshals spokesman James Joyner says Marshals and the Fulton County police arrested Danielle Parker on Tuesday in the death of 32-year-old Crystal Parker.
Authorities say the two had been roommates. Information on a potential motive for the shooting was not immediately available.
Crystal Parker, a seven-year veteran of the East Point Police Department, was found dead inside her house south of Atlanta on Sunday night. Authorities have said Parker's home had also been burglarized in mid-June. She was named the department's officer of the year in 2012.
It was not immediately clear if Danielle Parker had an attorney.