Trooper Adam M. Bowen (Virginia State Police photo)
Trooper Adam M. Bowen died and two other people were injured after an accident on Route 3.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
- New K9 Joins Abilene Police Department
- Ohio Highway Named in Honor of Fallen Officer
- Teens save Suicidal Woman Jumping from Maine Bridge
KING GEORGE COUNTY, Va. (WUSA) - Virginia State Police say state trooper Adam M. Bowen died and two other people were injured after an accident on Route 3 Friday.
State police say Bowen was driving his patrol car westbound on Route 3 (Kings Highway) when his cruiser and Hyundai Elantra headed eastbound collided at the intersection with Madison Drive.
According to state police, his car then ran off the road and struck a traffic light pole. His car split in half and the front end continued into a nearby parking lot, hitting three parked cars.
Bowen died on the scene. The driver and a passenger in the Elantra suffered minor injuries. They were taken to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.
The Virginia State Police Accident Reconstruction Team is investigating the crash.
- Washington Post: Va. trooper killed in car crash was 28, police say
- NBC Washington: Virginia State Trooper Killed in Traffic Accident
- WTKR: State trooper dies in weekend crash in King George County