FEATURED IN NEWS
- Deputy in Fatal California Shooting Followed Procedures
- Three People Stabbed at Denver Football Game
- Arizona Detective Resigns over Resident Status
- Ex-New Orleans Officer Acquitted of Charges in Katrina Shooting
- Study Finds Long Beach K9s Bite less Than LAPD and LASD
- ODMP: Texas Deputy Dies after Being Critically Injured
- New Mexico Trooper in Van Shooting to Appeal Firing
CHARLES CITY, Va. — A Charles City County sheriff’s deputy has been killed while responding to an early-morning traffic stop.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/HaB8ZT ) reported that the Deputy Michael C. Walizer was killed Saturday en route to assist another deputy who had made a traffic stop. The deputy’s cruiser ran off the side of Route 5 and struck a tree. He was wearing a seat belt.