FEATURED IN NEWS
- Holder: “Unspeakable Act of Barbarism”
- Murderer of NYPD Officers Posted Intent Online
- NYPD Officers Killed in Ambush
- Feds Sue New York City over Rikers Violence
- Arizona Sheriff Gives Up Immigration Enforcement Effort
- Grand Jury Clears Officers in FSU Shooting
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
CHARLES CITY, Va. — A Charles City County sheriff’s deputy has been killed while responding to an early-morning traffic stop.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/HaB8ZT ) reported that the Deputy Michael C. Walizer was killed Saturday en route to assist another deputy who had made a traffic stop. The deputy’s cruiser ran off the side of Route 5 and struck a tree. He was wearing a seat belt.