FEATURED IN NEWS
- Justice Department Clears Officer in Ferguson Case
- Georgia Officer Killed in Ambush
- Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Begins
- Justice Department Alleges Patterns of Discrimination in Ferguson Department
- White House Considers Ammunition Ban for Officer Protection
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Los Angeles
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
CHARLES CITY, Va. — A Charles City County sheriff’s deputy has been killed while responding to an early-morning traffic stop.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/HaB8ZT ) reported that the Deputy Michael C. Walizer was killed Saturday en route to assist another deputy who had made a traffic stop. The deputy’s cruiser ran off the side of Route 5 and struck a tree. He was wearing a seat belt.