FEATURED IN NEWS
- Judge Rejects Restriction Order on Maine Nurse
- Two Arizona Officers Killed in Crashes
- California Officer Remembered as Loving Father, Son
- Violent Attack on D.C. Officer
- Pennsylvania Ambush Suspect Captured, Cuffed with Slain Trooper's Handcuffs
- Arizona Detention Officer Fatally Shoots Inmate in Struggle
- Naloxone Given to Illinois Police Departments
CHARLES CITY, Va. — A Charles City County sheriff’s deputy has been killed while responding to an early-morning traffic stop.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/HaB8ZT ) reported that the Deputy Michael C. Walizer was killed Saturday en route to assist another deputy who had made a traffic stop. The deputy’s cruiser ran off the side of Route 5 and struck a tree. He was wearing a seat belt.