FEATURED IN NEWS
- Call for Troops at Border Echoes Earlier Requests
- Albuquerque Agrees to Court and Independent Police Monitors
- Cause Sought in Philadelphia Hospital Shooting
- Shooting Inside Suburban Philadelphia Hospital Complex
- Colorado Traffic Stop Evolves into Running Crime Spree
- Gunman in Texas Standoff Dead
- Australia Prepares Officers for Deployment to Ukraine
CHARLES CITY, Va. — A Charles City County sheriff’s deputy has been killed while responding to an early-morning traffic stop.
The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/HaB8ZT ) reported that the Deputy Michael C. Walizer was killed Saturday en route to assist another deputy who had made a traffic stop. The deputy’s cruiser ran off the side of Route 5 and struck a tree. He was wearing a seat belt.