FEATURED IN NEWS
- Body of Texas Deputy Found in Lake
- Shots Fired During Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Manhunt Continues for Gunman in Pennsylvania Ambush
- Search to Resume for Texas Deputy
- Florida Felon Kills Six Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide Rampage
- Workplace Violence, Trauma & Recovery: When LEOs Attack Their Own
- U. S. Border Patrol Plans Testing of Body Cameras
WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in central Florida say two members of a motorcycle club died and a third was critically injured when gunfire erupted in the parking lot of a Veterans of Foreign War post as a charity ride was getting under way.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/PFH6Ii) reports Winter Springs police think all three victims of the Sunday morning shooting were members of a motorcycle club.
Police spokesman Doug Seely says a confrontation took place just before the 10:40 a.m. shooting. He says police detained multiple people and confiscated a lot of weapons.
The parking lot was taped off and a nearby senior center was evacuated after the shooting.
Police were unsure whether there was more than one shooter. They have not released names of the victims. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.