FEATURED IN NEWS
- Six Philadelphia Narcotics Officers Indicted
- Three North Carolina Deputies Wounded in Shootout
- Justice Department Sues Pennsylvania State Police over Fitness Test
- Fatal End for Suspect in Vegas Crime Spree
- New Jersey Officers Break up Violent Wedding Reception
- Mother Sues Border Patrol for Son’s Death
- New York Mayor Vows to Improve NYPD, Community Relations
WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in central Florida say two members of a motorcycle club died and a third was critically injured when gunfire erupted in the parking lot of a Veterans of Foreign War post as a charity ride was getting under way.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/PFH6Ii) reports Winter Springs police think all three victims of the Sunday morning shooting were members of a motorcycle club.
Police spokesman Doug Seely says a confrontation took place just before the 10:40 a.m. shooting. He says police detained multiple people and confiscated a lot of weapons.
The parking lot was taped off and a nearby senior center was evacuated after the shooting.
Police were unsure whether there was more than one shooter. They have not released names of the victims. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.