FEATURED IN NEWS
- 32 Teens Escape from Nashville Detention Center
- Texas Officer Killed in Vehicle Crash
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
- New K9 Joins Abilene Police Department
WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in central Florida say two members of a motorcycle club died and a third was critically injured when gunfire erupted in the parking lot of a Veterans of Foreign War post as a charity ride was getting under way.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://thesent.nl/PFH6Ii) reports Winter Springs police think all three victims of the Sunday morning shooting were members of a motorcycle club.
Police spokesman Doug Seely says a confrontation took place just before the 10:40 a.m. shooting. He says police detained multiple people and confiscated a lot of weapons.
The parking lot was taped off and a nearby senior center was evacuated after the shooting.
Police were unsure whether there was more than one shooter. They have not released names of the victims. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.