FEATURED IN NEWS
- National Sheriff’s Association Wants Traffic App Disabled
- DEA Drops Gun Show, LPR Plan
- Prosecutors Seek Death Penalty for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Arizona Officers Wounded in Shootout
- Utah Officers Rescue Tenants from Apartment Fire
- Prosecutors Investigate Fatal Denver Officer-Involved Shooting
- Handcuffed Woman Leads Pennsylvania Officers on Chase in Stolen Cruiser
ROWLETT, Texas (AP) — A suburban Dallas police chase has ended with the fleeing driver hurt in a wreck that killed another motorist.
Garland police early Monday answered a call about a man throwing beer bottles at a home. He refused to get out of a car.
Police say an officer broke a car window before the suspect drove away, dragging the officer about 15 feet.
The chase led to Rowlett (row-LET'), where police say the fleeing driver ran a red light and crashed into a pickup. The man driving the truck died. His name wasn't immediately released.
Police say the suspect was hurt in the wreck that started his car on fire. He was rescued and taken to a hospital.
Further details weren't immediately released on the suspect or the slightly injured officer.