FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officials Investigate Florida ‘Speed Trap’ Town
- 32 Teens Escape from Nashville Detention Center
- Texas Officer Killed in Vehicle Crash
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
ROWLETT, Texas (AP) — A suburban Dallas police chase has ended with the fleeing driver hurt in a wreck that killed another motorist.
Garland police early Monday answered a call about a man throwing beer bottles at a home. He refused to get out of a car.
Police say an officer broke a car window before the suspect drove away, dragging the officer about 15 feet.
The chase led to Rowlett (row-LET'), where police say the fleeing driver ran a red light and crashed into a pickup. The man driving the truck died. His name wasn't immediately released.
Police say the suspect was hurt in the wreck that started his car on fire. He was rescued and taken to a hospital.
Further details weren't immediately released on the suspect or the slightly injured officer.