FEATURED IN NEWS
- Vermont College Selects Convicted Cop Killer as Commencement Speaker
- Pipe Bomb Found During Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- First Degree Murder Charge in Oklahoma Beheading
- Appeals Court Orders Release of New Jersey Trooper’s Killer
- Search for Suspect in Pennsylvania Ambush Continues
- Tampa Faces Wave of Fire, Police Retirements
- Utah Family Found Dead inside Home
ROWLETT, Texas (AP) — A suburban Dallas police chase has ended with the fleeing driver hurt in a wreck that killed another motorist.
Garland police early Monday answered a call about a man throwing beer bottles at a home. He refused to get out of a car.
Police say an officer broke a car window before the suspect drove away, dragging the officer about 15 feet.
The chase led to Rowlett (row-LET'), where police say the fleeing driver ran a red light and crashed into a pickup. The man driving the truck died. His name wasn't immediately released.
Police say the suspect was hurt in the wreck that started his car on fire. He was rescued and taken to a hospital.
Further details weren't immediately released on the suspect or the slightly injured officer.