FEATURED IN NEWS
- Justice Department Clears Officer in Ferguson Case
- Georgia Officer Killed in Ambush
- Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Begins
- Justice Department Alleges Patterns of Discrimination in Ferguson Department
- White House Considers Ammunition Ban for Officer Protection
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Los Angeles
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
ROWLETT, Texas (AP) — A suburban Dallas police chase has ended with the fleeing driver hurt in a wreck that killed another motorist.
Garland police early Monday answered a call about a man throwing beer bottles at a home. He refused to get out of a car.
Police say an officer broke a car window before the suspect drove away, dragging the officer about 15 feet.
The chase led to Rowlett (row-LET'), where police say the fleeing driver ran a red light and crashed into a pickup. The man driving the truck died. His name wasn't immediately released.
Police say the suspect was hurt in the wreck that started his car on fire. He was rescued and taken to a hospital.
Further details weren't immediately released on the suspect or the slightly injured officer.