Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the head as he tried to make a traffic stop.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Six Philadelphia Narcotics Officers Indicted
- Three North Carolina Deputies Wounded in Shootout
- Justice Department Sues Pennsylvania State Police over Fitness Test
- Fatal End for Suspect in Vegas Crime Spree
- New Jersey Officers Break up Violent Wedding Reception
- Mother Sues Border Patrol for Son’s Death
- New York Mayor Vows to Improve NYPD, Community Relations
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis official says a police officer shot during a weekend traffic stop has died.
Public Safety Chief Frank Straub has told WISH-TV that 29-year-old Officer David Moore was taken off life support Wednesday morning and died.
Moore was shot in the face, chest and leg during a Sunday morning traffic stop. Police have accused a 60-year-old ex-convict of shooting the officer. The suspect is in jail pending charges.