Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the head as he tried to make a traffic stop.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- At Least 3,500 Officers to Cover 2014 Boston Marathon
- Arrest in Murder of Off-Duty Ohio Officer
- LAPD Officer Killed, One Critically Injured in Crash
- One Person Critically Wounded in Memphis Mall Shooting
- Rhode Island Boy Named Honorary Police Chief
- Mother in Florida Surf Rescue Was Stopped Earlier by Police
- Indianapolis SWAT Officers Shot Serving Warrant
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis official says a police officer shot during a weekend traffic stop has died.
Public Safety Chief Frank Straub has told WISH-TV that 29-year-old Officer David Moore was taken off life support Wednesday morning and died.
Moore was shot in the face, chest and leg during a Sunday morning traffic stop. Police have accused a 60-year-old ex-convict of shooting the officer. The suspect is in jail pending charges.