Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the head as he tried to make a traffic stop.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Suspect Identified in Pennsylvania Barracks Ambush; Hundreds Search for Armed Survivalist
- White House Supports Use of Body Cameras
- Wounded Washington Officer Chases Down Suspect
- Profile of Pennsylvania Gunman Released
- Indiana Police Release Video from Officer-Involved Shooting
- Gamers Use Police Hoax to Lash Out at Opponents
- Funeral Planned for Slain Pennsylvania Trooper
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis official says a police officer shot during a weekend traffic stop has died.
Public Safety Chief Frank Straub has told WISH-TV that 29-year-old Officer David Moore was taken off life support Wednesday morning and died.
Moore was shot in the face, chest and leg during a Sunday morning traffic stop. Police have accused a 60-year-old ex-convict of shooting the officer. The suspect is in jail pending charges.