Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the head as he tried to make a traffic stop.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- New Mexico Trooper Fired in Van Shooting Incident
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis official says a police officer shot during a weekend traffic stop has died.
Public Safety Chief Frank Straub has told WISH-TV that 29-year-old Officer David Moore was taken off life support Wednesday morning and died.
Moore was shot in the face, chest and leg during a Sunday morning traffic stop. Police have accused a 60-year-old ex-convict of shooting the officer. The suspect is in jail pending charges.