Metropolitan Police Officer was shot in the head as he tried to make a traffic stop.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- CHP Helicopter Rescues Teens Stuck on Cliff
- Vest Saves Florida Deputy in Shooting Incident
- New Video, $65K Reward in '08 Times Square Bombing
- Judge Declares Mistrial in Detroit Fatal Raid Trial
- Federal Probation Officers Fired, Demoted after Monitored Man Rapes Girl, Kills Mother
- Gunman Opens Fire during Utah Father’s Day Mass
- Authorities Begin New Search for Hoffa’s Body
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis official says a police officer shot during a weekend traffic stop has died.
Public Safety Chief Frank Straub has told WISH-TV that 29-year-old Officer David Moore was taken off life support Wednesday morning and died.
Moore was shot in the face, chest and leg during a Sunday morning traffic stop. Police have accused a 60-year-old ex-convict of shooting the officer. The suspect is in jail pending charges.