His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Workplace Violence, Trauma & Recovery: When LEOs Attack Their Own
- U. S. Border Patrol Plans Testing of Body Cameras
- Rescuers Search for Missing Texas Deputy
- Australian Police Stop Terror Threat in Massive Raid
- 100 Issues of Law Officer Magazine
- Los Angeles County Deputy Convicted in Jail Abuse Investigation
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.