His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Pennsylvania Ambush Suspect Captured, Cuffed with Slain Trooper's Handcuffs
- Arizona Detention Officer Fatally Shoots Inmate in Struggle
- Naloxone Given to Illinois Police Departments
- Halloween Cancelled in Pennsylvania Manhunt Area
- A Deadly Law Enforcement Week
- California SWAT Officer Succumbs to Wounds
- Shooting at North Carolina Courthouse
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.