His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officials Investigate Florida ‘Speed Trap’ Town
- 32 Teens Escape from Nashville Detention Center
- Texas Officer Killed in Vehicle Crash
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.