His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
- New Mexico Mom Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- New Orleans Parade Shooting Arrests Cheered
- ‘Hatchet Hitchhiker’ Arrested in New Jersey Homicide
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.