His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Alabama Officer Killed in Head-on Collision
- ODMP: Illinois Investigator Killed During Robbery
- Texas Student Fought with Campus Officer Moments before Shooting
- San Antonio Officer Dies from Injuries
- More Charges in Bogus Florida Prison Release
- Suicide Note Reveals Motive in Reno Medical Center Shooting
- ODMP: Texas Investigator Killed Serving Warrant
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.