His cruiser hit a utility pole, then caught on fire, ejecting him into the street.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Governor Deploys National Guard Troops to Border
- Police Find Similarities in Stockton Hostage Incident and Other Bank Robberies
- Albuquerque Police Investigate Rash of Attacks on Homeless People
- NYPD Officers on Desk Duty after Arrest Death
- Man Dies in Struggle with NYPD Officers during Arrest
- Cleveland Police Settle Lawsuit over Fatal Shooting
- ATF, FBI Assign Additional Agents to Fight Chicago Violence
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Sgt. Mark Scianna, of the Bexar County Constable's Office, was killed in an automobile accident Saturday.
According to the Officer Down Memorial Page, Scianna activated his emergency equipment and attempted to turn when his cruiser left the roadway and struck a utility pole. The impact caused Scianna to be ejected. The vehicle then rolled over and struck a second utility pole.
Scianna, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Scianna has served with the Bexar County Precinct 3 Constable's Office for two years.