FEATURED IN NEWS
- Search for Suspect in Pennsylvania Ambush Continues
- Tampa Faces Wave of Fire, Police Retirements
- Utah Family Found Dead inside Home
- Police Interview Attacker in Oklahoma Beheading
- Police Search for Suspect Who Shot Ferguson Officer
- 15 Wounded in Miami Nightclub Shooting
- Woman Beheaded at Oklahoma Food Center; Off-Duty Deputy Shoots to Stop Attacker
RISON, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a thief and an arsonist who broke into the Rison Police Department and set it on fire after taking several items.
Cleveland County sheriff's Dept. Capt. Gary Young says the fire was reported by a newspaper carrier at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Young says the police department side of Rison City Hall sustained severe structural damage and that the city administration side suffered smoke damage.
Young says police records were destroyed but that shouldn't interfere with any prosecutions. He says prosecutors have their own copies of the records.
Detectives say security cameras at nearby businesses are being checked but that the investigation is just getting under way.
Rison is about 25 miles south of Pine Bluff and has about 1,300 residents.