FEATURED IN NEWS
- Manhunt Continues for Gunman in Pennsylvania Ambush
- Search to Resume for Texas Deputy
- Florida Felon Kills Six Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide Rampage
- Workplace Violence, Trauma & Recovery: When LEOs Attack Their Own
- U. S. Border Patrol Plans Testing of Body Cameras
- Rescuers Search for Missing Texas Deputy
- Australian Police Stop Terror Threat in Massive Raid
RISON, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a thief and an arsonist who broke into the Rison Police Department and set it on fire after taking several items.
Cleveland County sheriff's Dept. Capt. Gary Young says the fire was reported by a newspaper carrier at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Young says the police department side of Rison City Hall sustained severe structural damage and that the city administration side suffered smoke damage.
Young says police records were destroyed but that shouldn't interfere with any prosecutions. He says prosecutors have their own copies of the records.
Detectives say security cameras at nearby businesses are being checked but that the investigation is just getting under way.
Rison is about 25 miles south of Pine Bluff and has about 1,300 residents.