FEATURED IN NEWS
- Video: Philadelphia Officer Killed in Gunfight
- Los Angeles Skid Row Shooting Reveals Agency and Government Mistakes
- Justice Department Clears Officer in Ferguson Case
- Georgia Officer Killed in Ambush
- Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Begins
- Justice Department Alleges Patterns of Discrimination in Ferguson Department
- White House Considers Ammunition Ban for Officer Protection
RISON, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a thief and an arsonist who broke into the Rison Police Department and set it on fire after taking several items.
Cleveland County sheriff's Dept. Capt. Gary Young says the fire was reported by a newspaper carrier at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Young says the police department side of Rison City Hall sustained severe structural damage and that the city administration side suffered smoke damage.
Young says police records were destroyed but that shouldn't interfere with any prosecutions. He says prosecutors have their own copies of the records.
Detectives say security cameras at nearby businesses are being checked but that the investigation is just getting under way.
Rison is about 25 miles south of Pine Bluff and has about 1,300 residents.