FEATURED IN NEWS
- Holder: “Unspeakable Act of Barbarism”
- Murderer of NYPD Officers Posted Intent Online
- NYPD Officers Killed in Ambush
- Feds Sue New York City over Rikers Violence
- Arizona Sheriff Gives Up Immigration Enforcement Effort
- Grand Jury Clears Officers in FSU Shooting
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
RISON, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a thief and an arsonist who broke into the Rison Police Department and set it on fire after taking several items.
Cleveland County sheriff's Dept. Capt. Gary Young says the fire was reported by a newspaper carrier at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Young says the police department side of Rison City Hall sustained severe structural damage and that the city administration side suffered smoke damage.
Young says police records were destroyed but that shouldn't interfere with any prosecutions. He says prosecutors have their own copies of the records.
Detectives say security cameras at nearby businesses are being checked but that the investigation is just getting under way.
Rison is about 25 miles south of Pine Bluff and has about 1,300 residents.