FEATURED IN NEWS
- California Deputies Killed, Suspect Arrested
- One Dead, Several Wounded in Shooting at Washington High School
- Terrorists in the Homeland
- New Technology Signals Officer-Involved Shootings to Dispatchers
- Heart Attack Claims L.A. County Deputy
- NYPD Officers Wounded in Hatchet Attack
- Autopsy Released in Controversial Ferguson Shooting
RISON, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a thief and an arsonist who broke into the Rison Police Department and set it on fire after taking several items.
Cleveland County sheriff's Dept. Capt. Gary Young says the fire was reported by a newspaper carrier at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Young says the police department side of Rison City Hall sustained severe structural damage and that the city administration side suffered smoke damage.
Young says police records were destroyed but that shouldn't interfere with any prosecutions. He says prosecutors have their own copies of the records.
Detectives say security cameras at nearby businesses are being checked but that the investigation is just getting under way.
Rison is about 25 miles south of Pine Bluff and has about 1,300 residents.