FEATURED IN NEWS
- Texas Officers Shot During Standoff
- Staten Island Suspect’s Death Challenges Small Crime Policing Tactic
- Police Investigate Brooklyn Bridge Flag Swaps
- Man Arrested for Kicking Portland Police Horse
- Federal Investigation Places Monitor in Newark Police Department
- Pittsburgh Officer Attacked During Gay Pride Parade
- Albuquerque Teens Charged in Deaths of Homeless Men
RISON, Ark. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a thief and an arsonist who broke into the Rison Police Department and set it on fire after taking several items.
Cleveland County sheriff's Dept. Capt. Gary Young says the fire was reported by a newspaper carrier at about 3 a.m. Monday.
Young says the police department side of Rison City Hall sustained severe structural damage and that the city administration side suffered smoke damage.
Young says police records were destroyed but that shouldn't interfere with any prosecutions. He says prosecutors have their own copies of the records.
Detectives say security cameras at nearby businesses are being checked but that the investigation is just getting under way.
Rison is about 25 miles south of Pine Bluff and has about 1,300 residents.