FEATURED IN NEWS
- New Mexico Trooper Fired in Van Shooting Incident
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
PUERTO RICO -- Agent Mariano Rodríguez-Maldonado, who had served with the Puerto Rico Police Department for seven years, was killed in an automobile accident as he and his partner responded to a call involving a mental patient. The patient was causing a disturbance at a gas station.
Rodríguez-Maldonado and his partner were traveling along PR-3 when their cruiser left the roadway and struck the highway divider. The impact impaled the vehicle's passenger side, which is where Rodríguez-Maldonado was riding. He suffered fatal injuries and his partner suffered severe leg injuries.