Puerto Rico Police Department Sergeant Abimael Castro-Berrocales (ODMP photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Islam Convert Strikes Two Canadian Soldiers in Quebec
- Video, Images: Gunmen Open Fire at Canadian War Memorial & Parliament Building
- Maryland Trooper Struck During Traffic Stop
- Gary Serial Killer Showed Earlier Signs of Violence
- Colorado Teens Caught Trying to Join ISIS
- Schools Closed After Sightings of Pennsylvania Gunman
- Missouri Officer Killed, Ejected During Response Crash
Sergeant Abimael Castro-Berrocales was shot and killed after stopping a speeding vehicle on PR-100 in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico, at approximately 9:30 am.
As he reached the driver's side of the stopped vehicle he was immediately shot twice in the face and critically wounded. A responding unit observed the suspect flee the scene but stopped to render aid to Sergeant Castro-Berrocales. He was transported to Río Piedras Medical Center where he succumbed to his wounds.
The suspect(s) involved with Sergeant Castro-Berrocales' murder remain at large.
Sergeant Castro-Berrocales had served with the Puerto Rico Police Department for 20 years. He is survived by his wife and three sons.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Superintendent General Emilio Diaz-Colon
Puerto Rico Police Department
PO Box 70166
San Juan, PR 00936
Phone: (787) 792-1234