Puerto Rico Police Department Sergeant Abimael Castro-Berrocales (ODMP photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- ODMP: Alabama Deputy Killed in Collision
- FBI Agents Shot While Serving Warrant in Missouri
- National Guard Keeps Ferguson Protests Less Destructive
- Videos, Photos: Aftermath of Ferguson Violence
- Video: Ferguson Officer Breaks His Silence
- Gunman in Florida Ambush Held Anti-Government Views
- ODMP: Florida Deputy Killed in Ambush
Sergeant Abimael Castro-Berrocales was shot and killed after stopping a speeding vehicle on PR-100 in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico, at approximately 9:30 am.
As he reached the driver's side of the stopped vehicle he was immediately shot twice in the face and critically wounded. A responding unit observed the suspect flee the scene but stopped to render aid to Sergeant Castro-Berrocales. He was transported to Río Piedras Medical Center where he succumbed to his wounds.
The suspect(s) involved with Sergeant Castro-Berrocales' murder remain at large.
Sergeant Castro-Berrocales had served with the Puerto Rico Police Department for 20 years. He is survived by his wife and three sons.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Superintendent General Emilio Diaz-Colon
Puerto Rico Police Department
PO Box 70166
San Juan, PR 00936
Phone: (787) 792-1234