Puerto Rico Police Department Sergeant Abimael Castro-Berrocales (ODMP photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Idaho City Names Police Chief as ‘Citizen of the Year’
- Small Drone Crashes on White House Lawn
- ODMP: Heart Attack Claims Kansas Motor Officer
- Mississippi Investigations Director Killed in Training Exercise
- ODMP: New Jersey Detective Struck and Killed
- ODMP Canada: RCMP Constable Succumbs to Wounds
- Video Released in Fatal New Jersey Officer-Involved Shooting
Sergeant Abimael Castro-Berrocales was shot and killed after stopping a speeding vehicle on PR-100 in Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico, at approximately 9:30 am.
As he reached the driver's side of the stopped vehicle he was immediately shot twice in the face and critically wounded. A responding unit observed the suspect flee the scene but stopped to render aid to Sergeant Castro-Berrocales. He was transported to Río Piedras Medical Center where he succumbed to his wounds.
The suspect(s) involved with Sergeant Castro-Berrocales' murder remain at large.
Sergeant Castro-Berrocales had served with the Puerto Rico Police Department for 20 years. He is survived by his wife and three sons.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Superintendent General Emilio Diaz-Colon
Puerto Rico Police Department
PO Box 70166
San Juan, PR 00936
Phone: (787) 792-1234