FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Los Angeles
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Eight Shot in Missouri House-to-House Rampage
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- Details Released in Washington Officer-Involved Shooting
- Three Arrested in Islamic State Terror Plot; Suspects Open About Striking Fear
- NYPD Honors Young Girl and Thank You Cards
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.