FEATURED IN NEWS
- Two Arizona Officers Killed in Crashes
- California Officer Remembered as Loving Father, Son
- Violent Attack on D.C. Officer
- Pennsylvania Ambush Suspect Captured, Cuffed with Slain Trooper's Handcuffs
- Arizona Detention Officer Fatally Shoots Inmate in Struggle
- Naloxone Given to Illinois Police Departments
- Halloween Cancelled in Pennsylvania Manhunt Area
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.