FEATURED IN NEWS
- Search for Pennsylvania Gunman Takes a Shift
- Violence During New Hampshire Parties
- Indiana Serial Killer in Custody
- Florida Father Shoots Children in Violent Murder-Suicide
- Officer in Ferguson Shooting Feared for His Life
- Connecticut Establishes Task Force for Missing Girls
- Pennsylvania Trooper Wounded in Ambush Released from Hospital
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.