FEATURED IN NEWS
- California Double Tragedy, Deputies Killed in Two Counties
- California Deputies Killed, Suspect Arrested
- One Dead, Several Wounded in Shooting at Washington High School
- Terrorists in the Homeland
- New Technology Signals Officer-Involved Shootings to Dispatchers
- Heart Attack Claims L.A. County Deputy
- NYPD Officers Wounded in Hatchet Attack
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.