FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officials Investigate Florida ‘Speed Trap’ Town
- 32 Teens Escape from Nashville Detention Center
- Texas Officer Killed in Vehicle Crash
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.