FEATURED IN NEWS
- Gunman Opens Fire on Austin Police Headquarters
- Relative Calm in Ferguson over Thanksgiving
- ODMP: Puerto Rico Officer Killed During Robbery
- ODMP: Alabama Deputy Killed in Collision
- FBI Agents Shot While Serving Warrant in Missouri
- National Guard Keeps Ferguson Protests Less Destructive
- Videos, Photos: Aftermath of Ferguson Violence
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.