FEATURED IN NEWS
- LAPD Faces Criticism and Threats in Wake of Fatal Shooting
- National Guard Withdraws from Ferguson; Protests and Tensions Subside
- Details Emerge of Officer in Ferguson Shooting
- Attorney General Heads to Ferguson; Grand Jury Expected to Convene
- Children among Eight Held Hostage in Illinois Standoff; Officers Shot
- St. Louis Police Shoot to Stop Armed Man Threatening Officers
- New Orleans Police Chief Retires
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.