FEATURED IN NEWS
- Final Charge Dropped in Fatal Detroit Raid Trial
- Expert: Threat Perception is Critical in Justified Shootings
- Border Patrol Takes Part in Super Bowl Security
- Armed Teen Storms Dutch Television Studio
- Homicides of Young Latino Men Go Unsolved in Los Angeles County
- ODMP: Alabama Officer Suffers Fatal Heart Attack
- Irish Officer Shot While Vacationing in New Orleans
PHOENIX, Ariz. -- A Phoenix police sergeant shot a 26-year-old man Tuesday morning after the man repeatedly punched the sergeant in the head, officials said.
The sergeant was driving in an unmarked car after leaving a training facility when he saw a man walking northbound on Seventh Avenue from Dobbins Road, said Sgt. Trent Crump, a spokesman for the Phoenix Police Department.