Trooper Kyle Deatherage (ODMP photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
- Three Dead after Driver Crashes into California Pedestrians
- Mississippi Deputy Killed in Crash
- Over 70 Children Go Christmas Shopping with Tennessee Officers
- Nordstrom Worker Fired for Police Killing Facebook Post
- Tension Grows Between NYC Mayor and Police Union
- Public Outcry Leads to Changing Tactics
Trooper Kyle Deatherage was struck and killed by a tractor trailer while making a traffic stop on I-55, at mile marker 62, near Litchfield.
He had parked his motorcycle on the shoulder and was speaking with the driver of the vehicle when he was struck.
Trooper Deatherage had served with the Illinois State Police for three years. He is survived by his wife, 4-year-old daughter, and 10-month-old son.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Director Hiram Grau
Illinois State Police
801 S 7th Street
P.O. Box 19461
Springfield, IL 62794
Phone: (217) 782-6637