FEATURED IN NEWS
- At Least 3,500 Officers to Cover 2014 Boston Marathon
- Arrest in Murder of Off-Duty Ohio Officer
- LAPD Officer Killed, One Critically Injured in Crash
- One Person Critically Wounded in Memphis Mall Shooting
- Rhode Island Boy Named Honorary Police Chief
- Mother in Florida Surf Rescue Was Stopped Earlier by Police
- Indianapolis SWAT Officers Shot Serving Warrant
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City police officer charged with plotting to kidnap, torture, cook and eat at least 100 women had discussed having "girl meat" for this week's Thanksgiving holiday.
Previous coverage on LawOfficer.com:
Prosecutors say Gilberto Valle made the remark in an online chat in February with an unidentified man. They read the transcript during Valle's bail hearing Tuesday in federal court.
Valle was quoted as saying that he was getting a plan in motion to abduct a woman for the holiday meal.
His lawyer has said the alleged plot was pure fantasy.
The judge denied bail, calling Valle's behavior "depraved, bizarre, aberrational." He set the trial for Jan. 22.
Valle has pleaded not guilty.
No women were actually harmed.