FEATURED IN NEWS
- Islam Convert Strikes Two Canadian Soldiers in Quebec
- Video, Images: Gunmen Open Fire at Canadian War Memorial & Parliament Building
- Maryland Trooper Struck During Traffic Stop
- Gary Serial Killer Showed Earlier Signs of Violence
- Colorado Teens Caught Trying to Join ISIS
- Schools Closed After Sightings of Pennsylvania Gunman
- Missouri Officer Killed, Ejected During Response Crash
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City police officer charged with plotting to kidnap, torture, cook and eat at least 100 women had discussed having "girl meat" for this week's Thanksgiving holiday.
Previous coverage on LawOfficer.com:
Prosecutors say Gilberto Valle made the remark in an online chat in February with an unidentified man. They read the transcript during Valle's bail hearing Tuesday in federal court.
Valle was quoted as saying that he was getting a plan in motion to abduct a woman for the holiday meal.
His lawyer has said the alleged plot was pure fantasy.
The judge denied bail, calling Valle's behavior "depraved, bizarre, aberrational." He set the trial for Jan. 22.
Valle has pleaded not guilty.
No women were actually harmed.