FEATURED IN NEWS
- New Mexico Trooper Fired in Van Shooting Incident
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
SANFORD, N.C. -- A Sanford police officer died Tuesday from injuries he received while training.
Captain David Smith says 55-year-old Elieser Colonroche was participating in a training exercise at the local community college on Tramway Street. He was repelling down a building when eyewitnesses say he may have hit the side of the building.