FEATURED IN NEWS
- U.S. Man Wanted for Czech Murders Arrested by FBI at Dulles
- Lawsuit Claims Deputy Shot Man But Didn't Call Paramedics
- Mother Killed, Kids Hurt, after Shoplifters Crash in Houston
- Washington, D.C. Transit Police Arrest AED Thief
- Suspect in Killing of Utah Officer Found Dead in Cell
- New Jersey Cop Accused of Setting Fire to Captain's Home
- U.S. Park Police Furloughs Could Cause Holiday Weekend Response Delays
SANFORD, N.C. -- A Sanford police officer died Tuesday from injuries he received while training.
Captain David Smith says 55-year-old Elieser Colonroche was participating in a training exercise at the local community college on Tramway Street. He was repelling down a building when eyewitnesses say he may have hit the side of the building.