FEATURED IN NEWS
- 15-Year-Old Held in Murder of Siblings
- Dead Iowa Kidnapping Suspect Probed in Cousins' Deaths
- Colorado Killer's Reprieve Sharply Criticized
- Czech Police Seek US Man Suspected of 4 Murders
- Washington Deputy Injured in Off-Duty Motorcycle Crash Dies
- Man Shot by FBI in Florida Had Ties to Boston Bombing Suspect
- Suspects in Brutal London Attack Were Targets of Earlier Security Investigations
SANFORD, N.C. -- A Sanford police officer died Tuesday from injuries he received while training.
Captain David Smith says 55-year-old Elieser Colonroche was participating in a training exercise at the local community college on Tramway Street. He was repelling down a building when eyewitnesses say he may have hit the side of the building.