FEATURED IN NEWS
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Eight Shot in Missouri House-to-House Rampage
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- Details Released in Washington Officer-Involved Shooting
- Three Arrested in Islamic State Terror Plot; Suspects Open About Striking Fear
- NYPD Honors Young Girl and Thank You Cards
- DOJ: No Criminal Charges in Florida Crime Watch Shooting
SANFORD, N.C. -- A Sanford police officer died Tuesday from injuries he received while training.
Captain David Smith says 55-year-old Elieser Colonroche was participating in a training exercise at the local community college on Tramway Street. He was repelling down a building when eyewitnesses say he may have hit the side of the building.