FEATURED IN NEWS
- Judge Rejects Restriction Order on Maine Nurse
- Two Arizona Officers Killed in Crashes
- California Officer Remembered as Loving Father, Son
- Violent Attack on D.C. Officer
- Pennsylvania Ambush Suspect Captured, Cuffed with Slain Trooper's Handcuffs
- Arizona Detention Officer Fatally Shoots Inmate in Struggle
- Naloxone Given to Illinois Police Departments
NEWARK, N.J. -- A Newark police detective was shot and killed early Monday morning during an attempted robbery in Paterson, according officials with the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Michael Morgan, 32, apparently was outside Sunrise Lounge, a go-go bar near Straight Street and Getty Avenue, when he was shot around 3 a.m. He was transported to St. Joseph's hospital in Paterson, where he died.