FEATURED IN NEWS
- Grand Jury Clears Officers in FSU Shooting
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
- Three Dead after Driver Crashes into California Pedestrians
- Mississippi Deputy Killed in Crash
- Over 70 Children Go Christmas Shopping with Tennessee Officers
- Nordstrom Worker Fired for Police Killing Facebook Post
- Tension Grows Between NYC Mayor and Police Union
NEWARK, N.J. -- A Newark police detective was shot and killed early Monday morning during an attempted robbery in Paterson, according officials with the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Michael Morgan, 32, apparently was outside Sunrise Lounge, a go-go bar near Straight Street and Getty Avenue, when he was shot around 3 a.m. He was transported to St. Joseph's hospital in Paterson, where he died.