FEATURED IN NEWS
- Six Philadelphia Narcotics Officers Indicted
- Three North Carolina Deputies Wounded in Shootout
- Justice Department Sues Pennsylvania State Police over Fitness Test
- Fatal End for Suspect in Vegas Crime Spree
- New Jersey Officers Break up Violent Wedding Reception
- Mother Sues Border Patrol for Son’s Death
- New York Mayor Vows to Improve NYPD, Community Relations
NEWARK, N.J. -- A Newark police detective was shot and killed early Monday morning during an attempted robbery in Paterson, according officials with the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Michael Morgan, 32, apparently was outside Sunrise Lounge, a go-go bar near Straight Street and Getty Avenue, when he was shot around 3 a.m. He was transported to St. Joseph's hospital in Paterson, where he died.