FEATURED IN NEWS
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
- Arkansas Grandfather Kills Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide
NEWARK, N.J. -- A Newark police detective was shot and killed early Monday morning during an attempted robbery in Paterson, according officials with the Passaic County Prosecutor's Office.
Michael Morgan, 32, apparently was outside Sunrise Lounge, a go-go bar near Straight Street and Getty Avenue, when he was shot around 3 a.m. He was transported to St. Joseph's hospital in Paterson, where he died.