FEATURED IN NEWS
- Idaho City Names Police Chief as ‘Citizen of the Year’
- Small Drone Crashes on White House Lawn
- ODMP: Heart Attack Claims Kansas Motor Officer
- Mississippi Investigations Director Killed in Training Exercise
- ODMP: New Jersey Detective Struck and Killed
- ODMP Canada: RCMP Constable Succumbs to Wounds
- Video Released in Fatal New Jersey Officer-Involved Shooting
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A teenage boy fatally shot two adults and three children inside a New Mexico home, authorities said Sunday.
The teen, who police believe to be about 15 years old, was arrested and faces murder and other charges in connection with the shootings Saturday night, Bernalillo County sheriff's spokesman Aaron Williamson said.
Each victim was shot more than once.
The victims' identities haven't been released, and the boy's motive and connection to the five victims weren't immediately known. Williamson said investigators were trying to determine if the victims were related.
Investigators were trying to determine who owned several guns that were found at the home. One was a semi-automatic military-style rifle.
Authorities weren't releasing the teen's name or age. He was booked on two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
- KOAT: 2 adults, 3 children dead in South Valley shooting
- KOB 4: Police: New Mexico teenager fatally shot 2 adults, 3 children
- KRQE: 2 adults, 3 kids found dead in SW ABQ