Navajo Nation police officer has died after being wounded while in the line of duty.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- LAPD Officer Killed, One Critically Injured in Crash
- One Person Critically Wounded in Memphis Mall Shooting
- Rhode Island Boy Named Honorary Police Chief
- Mother in Florida Surf Rescue Was Stopped Earlier by Police
- Indianapolis SWAT Officers Shot Serving Warrant
- Biker Injured in NYC Brawl Speaks Out
- Sentencing in Murder of Colorado Prison Director
PAGE, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a Navajo Nation police officer has been shot and killed while answering a domestic violence call in a small community south of Page, Ariz.
Navajo Nation communications director Charmaine Jackson says Sgt. Darrell Curley died at the hospital in Page early Sunday. He was shot while answering a call in the town of Kaibito late Saturday night.
Jackson says no suspects are at large but declined to say if they were arrested or may have also been shot.
FBI spokesman Manuel Johnson says his agency is assisting with the investigation.
- AZFamily.com: Navajo Nation officer dies after being injured in the line of duty
- ABC15: Navajo Nation flags to be flown half-staff for slain sergeant
- KASA: Domestic dispute leaves sergeant dead