Navajo Nation police officer has died after being wounded while in the line of duty.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- ODMP: Heart Attack Claims Kansas Motor Officer
- Mississippi Investigations Director Killed in Training Exercise
- ODMP: New Jersey Detective Struck and Killed
- ODMP Canada: RCMP Constable Succumbs to Wounds
- Video Released in Fatal New Jersey Officer-Involved Shooting
- Evacuations During Ottawa Chemical Investigation
- FBI Completes Ferguson Investigation
PAGE, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a Navajo Nation police officer has been shot and killed while answering a domestic violence call in a small community south of Page, Ariz.
Navajo Nation communications director Charmaine Jackson says Sgt. Darrell Curley died at the hospital in Page early Sunday. He was shot while answering a call in the town of Kaibito late Saturday night.
Jackson says no suspects are at large but declined to say if they were arrested or may have also been shot.
FBI spokesman Manuel Johnson says his agency is assisting with the investigation.
- AZFamily.com: Navajo Nation officer dies after being injured in the line of duty
- ABC15: Navajo Nation flags to be flown half-staff for slain sergeant
- KASA: Domestic dispute leaves sergeant dead