FEATURED IN NEWS
- Justice Department Clears Officer in Ferguson Case
- Georgia Officer Killed in Ambush
- Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Begins
- Justice Department Alleges Patterns of Discrimination in Ferguson Department
- White House Considers Ammunition Ban for Officer Protection
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Los Angeles
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
WASHINGTON CO., Mo. -- An active manhunt is underway in Washington County, Missouri, after a sheriff's deputy was shot and killed early Saturday morning. That's according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It happened at 2:10 a.m. on Nugget Road in Mineral Point. Authorities say the deputy was responding to a 911 call for an unconscious person. While they were loading that person into an ambulance, the deputy was ambushed. One shot was fired, killing the deputy.
- ODMP Remembers Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons
- Authorities Searching for Suspect Who Killed Missouri Officer