FEATURED IN NEWS
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
- Arkansas Grandfather Kills Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide
- Texas Executes Inmate Convicted of Killed Corrections Officer
WASHINGTON CO., Mo. -- An active manhunt is underway in Washington County, Missouri, after a sheriff's deputy was shot and killed early Saturday morning. That's according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It happened at 2:10 a.m. on Nugget Road in Mineral Point. Authorities say the deputy was responding to a 911 call for an unconscious person. While they were loading that person into an ambulance, the deputy was ambushed. One shot was fired, killing the deputy.
- ODMP Remembers Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons
- Authorities Searching for Suspect Who Killed Missouri Officer