FEATURED IN NEWS
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
- New K9 Joins Abilene Police Department
- Ohio Highway Named in Honor of Fallen Officer
- Teens save Suicidal Woman Jumping from Maine Bridge
WASHINGTON CO., Mo. -- An active manhunt is underway in Washington County, Missouri, after a sheriff's deputy was shot and killed early Saturday morning. That's according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It happened at 2:10 a.m. on Nugget Road in Mineral Point. Authorities say the deputy was responding to a 911 call for an unconscious person. While they were loading that person into an ambulance, the deputy was ambushed. One shot was fired, killing the deputy.
- ODMP Remembers Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons
- Authorities Searching for Suspect Who Killed Missouri Officer