FEATURED IN NEWS
- Gunman in LAPD Station Shooting Dies
- Exhumation of Serial Killer Helps Solve Chicago-area Case
- Wisconsin Court Upholds Evidence from GPS Tracking
- NYPD Twitter Request Backfires
- Albuquerque Police Forced to Shoot Armed Suspect
- Officers Keep Watchful Eye on Boston Marathon
- Shooting Inside Federal Courthouse in Salt Lake City
WASHINGTON CO., Mo. -- An active manhunt is underway in Washington County, Missouri, after a sheriff's deputy was shot and killed early Saturday morning. That's according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It happened at 2:10 a.m. on Nugget Road in Mineral Point. Authorities say the deputy was responding to a 911 call for an unconscious person. While they were loading that person into an ambulance, the deputy was ambushed. One shot was fired, killing the deputy.
- ODMP Remembers Deputy Sheriff Christopher Parsons
- Authorities Searching for Suspect Who Killed Missouri Officer