Hospital officials confirm that one of two Pearl officers shot while serving a warrant has died.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Arrest Linked to Pistol Used to Kill Massachusetts Officer
- Texas Officers Shot During Standoff
- Staten Island Suspect’s Death Challenges Small Crime Policing Tactic
- Police Investigate Brooklyn Bridge Flag Swaps
- Man Arrested for Kicking Portland Police Horse
- Federal Investigation Places Monitor in Newark Police Department
- Pittsburgh Officer Attacked During Gay Pride Parade
Update: University of Mississippi Medical Center officials report that one officer has died.
PEARL, Miss. - WAPT reports that three Pearl police officers were wounded and a suspect killed, while serving a warrant at an apartment complex.
Authorities state that officers were serving a warrant at the Colony Park Apartments, and had entered one apartment when the suspect did not open the door. Once inside the officers found the suspect inside a bathtub. The officers reportedly tried to taser the suspect when he opened fire on them. The officers returned fire, killing the suspect.
According to WAPT, Pearl police spokesman Butch Townsend reported that two officers were shot and a third officer was injured. One officer is reportedly in critical condition. The other officer shot is in serious condition. All were transported to the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- WAPT: Pearl officer injured in shooting dies
- Clarion Ledger: Pearl officer, suspect die after shootout
- WDAM: Pearl police officer dead, two others in good condition
- Fox40: 2 Officers shot in Pearl, 1 Suspect Killed
- WAPT: Pearl officers injured in shooting
- WDAM: Two police officers shot
- Clarion Ledger: 3 Pearl officers hospitalized, suspect killed