Trooper Ellen E. Engelhardt
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Pennsylvania Ambush Suspect Captured
- Arizona Detention Officer Fatally Shoots Inmate in Struggle
- Naloxone Given to Illinois Police Departments
- Halloween Cancelled in Pennsylvania Manhunt Area
- A Deadly Law Enforcement Week
- California SWAT Officer Succumbs to Wounds
- Shooting at North Carolina Courthouse
Trooper Ellen E. Engelhardt, who was left in a permanent vegetative state after being struck by a drunk driver in 2003, has died, State Police said today.
"It is with profound sadness that we mourn the loss of Trooper Ellen Engelhardt, who was not just a valued colleague but also a dear friend who dedicated her career to protecting the citizens of our state. Since suffering the tragic injuries inflicted upon her in the line of duty by a drunk driver, Trooper Engelhardt has been an inspiration to every member of this Department for the courage, grace and dignity with which she lived," Colonel Marian J. McGovern, the superintendent of the State Police, said in a statement.