Trooper Ellen E. Engelhardt
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Phoenix Police Officer Dies in Fatal Hit-and-Run
- Metro-Washington Airport Officer Shot and Killed by Wife
- New York Student Killed During Shooting between Intruder and Police
- College Student, Intruder Killed in New York Break-In
- Motorcycle Deputy Critically Hurt in East Georgia Dies
- Ohioan to Appeal Conviction in 'Dying Blinks' Case
- Woman in Towed Car Likely Died at North Carolina Crash Scene, Autopsy Finds
Trooper Ellen E. Engelhardt, who was left in a permanent vegetative state after being struck by a drunk driver in 2003, has died, State Police said today.
"It is with profound sadness that we mourn the loss of Trooper Ellen Engelhardt, who was not just a valued colleague but also a dear friend who dedicated her career to protecting the citizens of our state. Since suffering the tragic injuries inflicted upon her in the line of duty by a drunk driver, Trooper Engelhardt has been an inspiration to every member of this Department for the courage, grace and dignity with which she lived," Colonel Marian J. McGovern, the superintendent of the State Police, said in a statement.