FEATURED IN NEWS
- LAPD Faces Criticism and Threats in Wake of Fatal Shooting
- National Guard Withdraws from Ferguson; Protests and Tensions Subside
- Details Emerge of Officer in Ferguson Shooting
- Attorney General Heads to Ferguson; Grand Jury Expected to Convene
- Children among Eight Held Hostage in Illinois Standoff; Officers Shot
- St. Louis Police Shoot to Stop Armed Man Threatening Officers
- New Orleans Police Chief Retires
ALBANY, La. — A Department of Public Safety police officer has died in an accident on Interstate 12 near Albany.
Louisiana State Police Trooper Russell Graham says Cpl. John Kendall was headed east about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when he crossed the median and sideswiped an 18-wheeler before colliding with a westbound pickup truck. The Livingston Parish Coroner's Office pronounced him dead at the scene.
Graham says the pickup truck's driver suffered non-life threatening injuries. No one else was injured.
Graham says the 63-year-old officer was driving home after work Tuesday when the accident happened. He had worked as security for a state office building in downtown Baton Rouge.
Kendall was a retired state police sergeant from Troop L in Mandeville.