FEATURED IN NEWS
- Gunman in LAPD Station Shooting Dies
- Exhumation of Serial Killer Helps Solve Chicago-area Case
- Wisconsin Court Upholds Evidence from GPS Tracking
- NYPD Twitter Request Backfires
- Albuquerque Police Forced to Shoot Armed Suspect
- Officers Keep Watchful Eye on Boston Marathon
- Shooting Inside Federal Courthouse in Salt Lake City
ALBANY, La. — A Department of Public Safety police officer has died in an accident on Interstate 12 near Albany.
Louisiana State Police Trooper Russell Graham says Cpl. John Kendall was headed east about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when he crossed the median and sideswiped an 18-wheeler before colliding with a westbound pickup truck. The Livingston Parish Coroner's Office pronounced him dead at the scene.
Graham says the pickup truck's driver suffered non-life threatening injuries. No one else was injured.
Graham says the 63-year-old officer was driving home after work Tuesday when the accident happened. He had worked as security for a state office building in downtown Baton Rouge.
Kendall was a retired state police sergeant from Troop L in Mandeville.