FEATURED IN NEWS
- Justice Department Sues Pennsylvania State Police over Fitness Test
- Fatal End for Suspect in Vegas Crime Spree
- New Jersey Officers Break up Violent Wedding Reception
- Mother Sues Border Patrol for Son’s Death
- New York Mayor Vows to Improve NYPD, Community Relations
- Over 2,000 9/11 First Responders Diagnosed with Cancer
- Two Charged in Fatal Philadelphia Carjacking Crash
ALBANY, La. — A Department of Public Safety police officer has died in an accident on Interstate 12 near Albany.
Louisiana State Police Trooper Russell Graham says Cpl. John Kendall was headed east about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when he crossed the median and sideswiped an 18-wheeler before colliding with a westbound pickup truck. The Livingston Parish Coroner's Office pronounced him dead at the scene.
Graham says the pickup truck's driver suffered non-life threatening injuries. No one else was injured.
Graham says the 63-year-old officer was driving home after work Tuesday when the accident happened. He had worked as security for a state office building in downtown Baton Rouge.
Kendall was a retired state police sergeant from Troop L in Mandeville.