FEATURED IN NEWS
- Pennsylvania Trooper Killed During Firearms Training
- Vermont College Selects Convicted Cop Killer as Commencement Speaker
- Pipe Bomb Found During Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- First Degree Murder Charge in Oklahoma Beheading
- Appeals Court Orders Release of New Jersey Trooper’s Killer
- Search for Suspect in Pennsylvania Ambush Continues
- Tampa Faces Wave of Fire, Police Retirements
ALBANY, La. — A Department of Public Safety police officer has died in an accident on Interstate 12 near Albany.
Louisiana State Police Trooper Russell Graham says Cpl. John Kendall was headed east about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when he crossed the median and sideswiped an 18-wheeler before colliding with a westbound pickup truck. The Livingston Parish Coroner's Office pronounced him dead at the scene.
Graham says the pickup truck's driver suffered non-life threatening injuries. No one else was injured.
Graham says the 63-year-old officer was driving home after work Tuesday when the accident happened. He had worked as security for a state office building in downtown Baton Rouge.
Kendall was a retired state police sergeant from Troop L in Mandeville.