FEATURED IN NEWS
- Vest Saves Florida Deputy in Shooting Incident
- New Video, $65K Reward in '08 Times Square Bombing
- Judge Declares Mistrial in Detroit Fatal Raid Trial
- Federal Probation Officers Fired, Demoted after Monitored Man Rapes Girl, Kills Mother
- Gunman Opens Fire during Utah Father’s Day Mass
- Authorities Begin New Search for Hoffa’s Body
- Reliability of Bite Mark Analysis, Analysts Under Increased Scrutiny
ALBANY, La. — A Department of Public Safety police officer has died in an accident on Interstate 12 near Albany.
Louisiana State Police Trooper Russell Graham says Cpl. John Kendall was headed east about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday when he crossed the median and sideswiped an 18-wheeler before colliding with a westbound pickup truck. The Livingston Parish Coroner's Office pronounced him dead at the scene.
Graham says the pickup truck's driver suffered non-life threatening injuries. No one else was injured.
Graham says the 63-year-old officer was driving home after work Tuesday when the accident happened. He had worked as security for a state office building in downtown Baton Rouge.
Kendall was a retired state police sergeant from Troop L in Mandeville.