FEATURED IN NEWS
- Final Charge Dropped in Fatal Detroit Raid Trial
- Expert: Threat Perception is Critical in Justified Shootings
- Border Patrol Takes Part in Super Bowl Security
- Armed Teen Storms Dutch Television Studio
- Homicides of Young Latino Men Go Unsolved in Los Angeles County
- ODMP: Alabama Officer Suffers Fatal Heart Attack
- Irish Officer Shot While Vacationing in New Orleans
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Pike County sheriff's deputy has been killed in a three-vehicle traffic crash.
The deputy who died was James I. Thacker, who had been with the sheriff's office for a year, Chief Deputy Melvin Sayers told the Lexington Herald-Leader (http://bit.ly/w3wJA2 ). Thacker was a constable for about eight years before that, Sayers said.
The collision occurred in the Belcher community of Pike County on U.S. 460 at about 9 p.m. EST Monday.
The names of the other drivers were not immediately released, and the cause of the crash is under investigation.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com