FEATURED IN NEWS
- Boston Marathon Organizers Confident About Safe Race
- ODMP: Portland K9 Shot and Killed
- ODMP: Wisconsin Deputy Succumbs to Earlier Gunshot Wound
- Five Dead in Calgary Party Slaying
- Boston Police Safely Detonate Suspicious Packages at Marathon Finish Line
- Could Police Have Prevented the Boston Bombings?
- Police: Sex Offender Suspects in California Serial Killings Wore GPS Devices
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Pike County sheriff's deputy has been killed in a three-vehicle traffic crash.
The deputy who died was James I. Thacker, who had been with the sheriff's office for a year, Chief Deputy Melvin Sayers told the Lexington Herald-Leader (http://bit.ly/w3wJA2 ). Thacker was a constable for about eight years before that, Sayers said.
The collision occurred in the Belcher community of Pike County on U.S. 460 at about 9 p.m. EST Monday.
The names of the other drivers were not immediately released, and the cause of the crash is under investigation.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com