FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officials Investigate Florida ‘Speed Trap’ Town
- 32 Teens Escape from Nashville Detention Center
- Texas Officer Killed in Vehicle Crash
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
PIKEVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Pike County sheriff's deputy has been killed in a three-vehicle traffic crash.
The deputy who died was James I. Thacker, who had been with the sheriff's office for a year, Chief Deputy Melvin Sayers told the Lexington Herald-Leader (http://bit.ly/w3wJA2 ). Thacker was a constable for about eight years before that, Sayers said.
The collision occurred in the Belcher community of Pike County on U.S. 460 at about 9 p.m. EST Monday.
The names of the other drivers were not immediately released, and the cause of the crash is under investigation.
Information from: Lexington Herald-Leader, http://www.kentucky.com