FEATURED IN NEWS
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Eight Shot in Missouri House-to-House Rampage
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- Details Released in Washington Officer-Involved Shooting
- Three Arrested in Islamic State Terror Plot; Suspects Open About Striking Fear
- NYPD Honors Young Girl and Thank You Cards
- DOJ: No Criminal Charges in Florida Crime Watch Shooting
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois State Police say one of its motorcycle troopers is dead after being hit by a passing tractor-trailer during a freeway traffic stop in southern Illinois.
State Police say 32-year-old Trooper Kyle Deatherage died at the scene of the accident shortly after 9 a.m. Monday along Interstate 55 near Litchfield.
State Police Director Hiram Grau says Deatherage was a married father of two children and had been a trooper since May 2009.
There was no immediate word on any charges.
Litchfield is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
Funeral arrangements are pending.