FEATURED IN NEWS
- Grand Jury Clears Officers in FSU Shooting
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
- Three Dead after Driver Crashes into California Pedestrians
- Mississippi Deputy Killed in Crash
- Over 70 Children Go Christmas Shopping with Tennessee Officers
- Nordstrom Worker Fired for Police Killing Facebook Post
- Tension Grows Between NYC Mayor and Police Union
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois State Police say one of its motorcycle troopers is dead after being hit by a passing tractor-trailer during a freeway traffic stop in southern Illinois.
State Police say 32-year-old Trooper Kyle Deatherage died at the scene of the accident shortly after 9 a.m. Monday along Interstate 55 near Litchfield.
State Police Director Hiram Grau says Deatherage was a married father of two children and had been a trooper since May 2009.
There was no immediate word on any charges.
Litchfield is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
Funeral arrangements are pending.