FEATURED IN NEWS
- Islam Convert Strikes Two Canadian Soldiers in Quebec
- Video, Images: Gunmen Open Fire at Canadian War Memorial & Parliament Building
- Maryland Trooper Struck During Traffic Stop
- Gary Serial Killer Showed Earlier Signs of Violence
- Colorado Teens Caught Trying to Join ISIS
- Schools Closed After Sightings of Pennsylvania Gunman
- Missouri Officer Killed, Ejected During Response Crash
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois State Police say one of its motorcycle troopers is dead after being hit by a passing tractor-trailer during a freeway traffic stop in southern Illinois.
State Police say 32-year-old Trooper Kyle Deatherage died at the scene of the accident shortly after 9 a.m. Monday along Interstate 55 near Litchfield.
State Police Director Hiram Grau says Deatherage was a married father of two children and had been a trooper since May 2009.
There was no immediate word on any charges.
Litchfield is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
Funeral arrangements are pending.