FEATURED IN NEWS
- Staten Island Suspect’s Death Challenges Small Crime Policing Tactic
- Police Investigate Brooklyn Bridge Flag Swaps
- Man Arrested for Kicking Portland Police Horse
- Federal Investigation Places Monitor in Newark Police Department
- Pittsburgh Officer Attacked During Gay Pride Parade
- Albuquerque Teens Charged in Deaths of Homeless Men
- Texas Governor Deploys National Guard Troops to Border
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois State Police say one of its motorcycle troopers is dead after being hit by a passing tractor-trailer during a freeway traffic stop in southern Illinois.
State Police say 32-year-old Trooper Kyle Deatherage died at the scene of the accident shortly after 9 a.m. Monday along Interstate 55 near Litchfield.
State Police Director Hiram Grau says Deatherage was a married father of two children and had been a trooper since May 2009.
There was no immediate word on any charges.
Litchfield is about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
Funeral arrangements are pending.