Sergeant Lance McLean of the Hood County (Texas) Sheriff's Office succumbed to a gunshot sustained the previous day while responding to a disturbance call. Photo courtesy Officer Down Memorial Page
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Search for Suspect in Pennsylvania Ambush Continues
- Tampa Faces Wave of Fire, Police Retirements
- Utah Family Found Dead inside Home
- Police Interview Attacker in Oklahoma Beheading
- Police Search for Suspect Who Shot Ferguson Officer
- 15 Wounded in Miami Nightclub Shooting
- Woman Beheaded at Oklahoma Food Center; Off-Duty Deputy Shoots to Stop Attacker
Sergeant Lance McLean of the Hood County (Texas) Sheriff's Office succumbed to a gunshot sustained the previous day while responding to a disturbance call in the Oak Trail Shores community near Lake Granbury.
A subject who was awaiting trial for sexually assaulting a juvenile female had shown up at the girl's home. The subject was known to officers because of a previous criminal trespass warning at the location.
Sergeant McLean was the first officer to arrive at the location. The man opened fire on him, striking him in the head. The man then fled in a van and proceeded to the Granbury City Hall. As other deputies and officers attempted to stop him he walked towards them and opened fired with a semi-automatic rifle, wounding one Granbury officer before being shot and killed.
Sergeant McLean was flown to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries the following morning.
Sergeant McLean is survived by his wife and two special-needs children.
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Sheriff Roger Deeds
Hood County Sheriff's Office
400 Deputy Larry Miller Drive
Granbury, TX 76048
Phone: (817) 579-3316