FEATURED IN NEWS
- 100 Issues of Law Officer Magazine
- Los Angeles County Deputy Convicted in Jail Abuse Investigation
- Minnesota Cities Participate in Program to Stop Terrorist Recruitment
- More than 200 Officers Searching for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Suspect Identified in Pennsylvania Barracks Ambush; Hundreds Search for Armed Survivalist
- White House Supports Use of Body Cameras
HONOLULU (AP) — A Honolulu police officer is dead and another seriously injured after a collision during a traffic stop on the west side of Oahu.
Officials say the two officers were conducting a routine traffic stop Tuesday night on Farrington Highway near Ko Olina when a pick-up truck crashed into them.
Hawaii News Now and KITV report Officer Eric Fontes later died and the other officer is hospitalized in serious condition.
Police arrested a 20-year-old Waianae man at the scene for negligent homicide and negligent injury.
Fontes is the 42nd Honolulu officer to die in the line of duty.
Police Chief Louis Kealoha is expected to make a statement Wednesday.
- HPD Officer Killed Following Traffic collision on Farrington Highway
- ODMP Remembers Officer Eric Fontes