FEATURED IN NEWS
- Three Dead after Driver Crashes into California Pedestrians
- Mississippi Deputy Killed in Crash
- Over 70 Children Go Christmas Shopping with Tennessee Officers
- Nordstrom Worker Fired for Police Killing Facebook Post
- Tension Grows Between NYC Mayor and Police Union
- Public Outcry Leads to Changing Tactics
- 7 Ways to Avoid Surgery—Saving You Boatloads of Cash
HONOLULU (AP) — A Honolulu police officer is dead and another seriously injured after a collision during a traffic stop on the west side of Oahu.
Officials say the two officers were conducting a routine traffic stop Tuesday night on Farrington Highway near Ko Olina when a pick-up truck crashed into them.
Hawaii News Now and KITV report Officer Eric Fontes later died and the other officer is hospitalized in serious condition.
Police arrested a 20-year-old Waianae man at the scene for negligent homicide and negligent injury.
Fontes is the 42nd Honolulu officer to die in the line of duty.
Police Chief Louis Kealoha is expected to make a statement Wednesday.
- HPD Officer Killed Following Traffic collision on Farrington Highway
- ODMP Remembers Officer Eric Fontes