FEATURED IN NEWS
- Justice Department Alleges Patterns of Discrimination in Ferguson Department
- White House Considers Ammunition Ban for Officer Protection
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Los Angeles
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Eight Shot in Missouri House-to-House Rampage
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- Details Released in Washington Officer-Involved Shooting
HONOLULU (AP) — A Honolulu police officer is dead and another seriously injured after a collision during a traffic stop on the west side of Oahu.
Officials say the two officers were conducting a routine traffic stop Tuesday night on Farrington Highway near Ko Olina when a pick-up truck crashed into them.
Hawaii News Now and KITV report Officer Eric Fontes later died and the other officer is hospitalized in serious condition.
Police arrested a 20-year-old Waianae man at the scene for negligent homicide and negligent injury.
Fontes is the 42nd Honolulu officer to die in the line of duty.
Police Chief Louis Kealoha is expected to make a statement Wednesday.
- HPD Officer Killed Following Traffic collision on Farrington Highway
- ODMP Remembers Officer Eric Fontes