The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Arizona Detective Resigns over Resident Status
- Ex-New Orleans Officer Acquitted of Charges in Katrina Shooting
- Study Finds Long Beach K9s Bite less Than LAPD and LASD
- ODMP: Texas Deputy Dies after Being Critically Injured
- New Mexico Trooper in Van Shooting to Appeal Firing
- LAPD Begins Crackdown on Unbuckled Officers
- Kenya Mall Attack Prompts NYPD Terror Drill
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.