The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Shooting Inside Suburban Philadelphia Hospital Complex
- Colorado Traffic Stop Evolves into Running Crime Spree
- Gunman in Texas Standoff Dead
- Australia Prepares Officers for Deployment to Ukraine
- Arrest Linked to Pistol Used to Kill Massachusetts Officer
- Texas Officers Shot During Standoff
- Staten Island Suspect’s Death Challenges Small Crime Policing Tactic
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.