The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Final Charge Dropped in Fatal Detroit Raid Trial
- Expert: Threat Perception is Critical in Justified Shootings
- Border Patrol Takes Part in Super Bowl Security
- Armed Teen Storms Dutch Television Studio
- Homicides of Young Latino Men Go Unsolved in Los Angeles County
- ODMP: Alabama Officer Suffers Fatal Heart Attack
- Irish Officer Shot While Vacationing in New Orleans
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.