The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Ferguson Officer Releases Thank You Statement
- Gunman in Florida Ambush Held Anti-Government Views
- ODMP: Florida Deputy Killed in Ambush
- ODMP: Crash Claims Texas Sergeant
- Thousands Protest Ferguson Decision Nationwide
- Violence, Arson after Ferguson Grand Jury Decision
- Alabama Deputy, Teens Killed in Crash
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.