The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Calm Urged in Ferguson
- Drug Lab Explosion Destroys California Home
- Anniversary Memorial Service Held for Slain Agents, Officer
- ODMP: Heart Attack Claims Veteran Affairs Officer
- ODMP: North Carolina Sergeant Killed in Crash
- Union Official: Ferguson Officer Confident About Grand Jury Decision
- Shooting in New Jersey Home Claims Two Children
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.