The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- California Deputies Killed, Suspect Arrested
- One Dead, Several Wounded in Shooting at Washington High School
- Terrorists in the Homeland
- New Technology Signals Officer-Involved Shootings to Dispatchers
- Heart Attack Claims L.A. County Deputy
- NYPD Officers Wounded in Hatchet Attack
- Autopsy Released in Controversial Ferguson Shooting
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.