The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Body of Texas Deputy Found in Lake
- Shots Fired During Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Manhunt Continues for Gunman in Pennsylvania Ambush
- Search to Resume for Texas Deputy
- Florida Felon Kills Six Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide Rampage
- Workplace Violence, Trauma & Recovery: When LEOs Attack Their Own
- U. S. Border Patrol Plans Testing of Body Cameras
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.