The teen hid the gun from police during a search.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- LAPD Faces Criticism and Threats in Wake of Fatal Shooting
- National Guard Withdraws from Ferguson; Protests and Tensions Subside
- Details Emerge of Officer in Ferguson Shooting
- Attorney General Heads to Ferguson; Grand Jury Expected to Convene
- Children among Eight Held Hostage in Illinois Standoff; Officers Shot
- St. Louis Police Shoot to Stop Armed Man Threatening Officers
- New Orleans Police Chief Retires
HOUSTON, Texas -- A Texas teen removed from a Houston-area high school Wednesday after threatening self-harm shot himself in the head while handcuffed in the back of a moving police car, according to news reports.
Constable deputies had searched the North Shore student, but he somehow retrieved a “hidden gun” and shot himself in the back of the head, said a spokesman for the Galena Park Independent School District, the Houston Chronicle reports.