FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Los Angeles
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Eight Shot in Missouri House-to-House Rampage
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- Details Released in Washington Officer-Involved Shooting
- Three Arrested in Islamic State Terror Plot; Suspects Open About Striking Fear
- NYPD Honors Young Girl and Thank You Cards
ATLANTA - Authorities say a Georgia state trooper was shot and killed after trying to pull over a driver in Atlanta.
The Georgia State Patrol says 38-year-old Trooper First Class Chadwick LeCroy of Marietta was shot twice in the face Monday night and died while being taken to a hospital.
A patrol news release says LeCroy tried to stop a car, but it fled and crashed after a short chase. LeCroy and the driver of the car then fought, and the trooper was shot.
The release says the suspect drove away in the trooper's car but was arrested soon after.
LeCroy was a married father of two sons.