FEATURED IN NEWS
- Justice Department Sues Pennsylvania State Police over Fitness Test
- Fatal End for Suspect in Vegas Crime Spree
- New Jersey Officers Break up Violent Wedding Reception
- Mother Sues Border Patrol for Son’s Death
- New York Mayor Vows to Improve NYPD, Community Relations
- Over 2,000 9/11 First Responders Diagnosed with Cancer
- Two Charged in Fatal Philadelphia Carjacking Crash
ATLANTA - Authorities say a Georgia state trooper was shot and killed after trying to pull over a driver in Atlanta.
The Georgia State Patrol says 38-year-old Trooper First Class Chadwick LeCroy of Marietta was shot twice in the face Monday night and died while being taken to a hospital.
A patrol news release says LeCroy tried to stop a car, but it fled and crashed after a short chase. LeCroy and the driver of the car then fought, and the trooper was shot.
The release says the suspect drove away in the trooper's car but was arrested soon after.
LeCroy was a married father of two sons.