FEATURED IN NEWS
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
- New K9 Joins Abilene Police Department
- Ohio Highway Named in Honor of Fallen Officer
- Teens save Suicidal Woman Jumping from Maine Bridge
ATLANTA - Authorities say a Georgia state trooper was shot and killed after trying to pull over a driver in Atlanta.
The Georgia State Patrol says 38-year-old Trooper First Class Chadwick LeCroy of Marietta was shot twice in the face Monday night and died while being taken to a hospital.
A patrol news release says LeCroy tried to stop a car, but it fled and crashed after a short chase. LeCroy and the driver of the car then fought, and the trooper was shot.
The release says the suspect drove away in the trooper's car but was arrested soon after.
LeCroy was a married father of two sons.