FEATURED IN NEWS
- Congress Passes One-Week Funding of Homeland Security
- Eight Shot in Missouri House-to-House Rampage
- Short-Term Fix May Avoid Homeland Security Shutdown
- Details Released in Washington Officer-Involved Shooting
- Three Arrested in Islamic State Terror Plot; Suspects Open About Striking Fear
- NYPD Honors Young Girl and Thank You Cards
- DOJ: No Criminal Charges in Florida Crime Watch Shooting
HELENA, Ga. (41NBC/WMGT) -- The Georgia Department of Corrections officer who was stabbed and killed at Telfair State Prison Thursday night has been identified.
Department of Corrections spokeswoman, Gwendolyn Hogan, identified the victim as 46-year-old Officer Larry Stell. Stell has been with the department since August 2001. She says Stell was assaulted by an inmate which resulted in his death.