Investigation begins at Butts County firing range.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
- New K9 Joins Abilene Police Department
- Ohio Highway Named in Honor of Fallen Officer
- Teens save Suicidal Woman Jumping from Maine Bridge
ROME, Ga. -- A Georgia probation officer from Rome was shot and killed Wednesday during a training exercise at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison training facility in Jackson, a DOC spokeswoman said.
The Department of Corrections identified the officer as 24-year-old Tiffany Bishop.