Investigation begins at Butts County firing range.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
- Trial Begins for Ex-Officer in Katrina Shooting
- Arkansas Grandfather Kills Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide
ROME, Ga. -- A Georgia probation officer from Rome was shot and killed Wednesday during a training exercise at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison training facility in Jackson, a DOC spokeswoman said.
The Department of Corrections identified the officer as 24-year-old Tiffany Bishop.