Investigation begins at Butts County firing range.
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Officials Investigate Florida ‘Speed Trap’ Town
- 32 Teens Escape from Nashville Detention Center
- Texas Officer Killed in Vehicle Crash
- Sept. 11 Memorial Open to Public on Anniversary
- Excessive Force Lawsuit Filed in Wake of Ferguson Protests
- Teamwork Helps Outfit California Police Department
- Chattanooga Police Aim to Improve Relations with Latino Community
ROME, Ga. -- A Georgia probation officer from Rome was shot and killed Wednesday during a training exercise at the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison training facility in Jackson, a DOC spokeswoman said.
The Department of Corrections identified the officer as 24-year-old Tiffany Bishop.