FEATURED IN NEWS
- 100 Issues of Law Officer Magazine
- Los Angeles County Deputy Convicted in Jail Abuse Investigation
- Minnesota Cities Participate in Program to Stop Terrorist Recruitment
- More than 200 Officers Searching for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Suspect Identified in Pennsylvania Barracks Ambush; Hundreds Search for Armed Survivalist
- White House Supports Use of Body Cameras
PONCE, Puerto Rico -- Agent Emiliano Torres-Soto, of the Puerto Rico Police Department, was shot and killed while off duty in Ponce Sunday.
He was attempting to stop an altercation involving a group of men arguing in front of a bar. When he observed one of the men brandish a handgun, Torres-Soto identified himself as an officer. He was shot at least 10 times by multiple gunmen.
He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.