FEATURED IN NEWS
- Portland Police Rescue Couple from Angry Cat
- Arrest Made in California Severed Head Case
- At Least 3,500 Officers to Cover 2014 Boston Marathon
- Arrest in Murder of Off-Duty Ohio Officer
- LAPD Officer Killed, One Critically Injured in Crash
- One Person Critically Wounded in Memphis Mall Shooting
- Rhode Island Boy Named Honorary Police Chief
ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a Doraville police officer has been killed in a traffic accident on Interstate 20.
CBS Atlanta reports the accident happened Monday morning on Interstate 20 near Wesley Chapel Road in DeKalb County.
The officer's name was not immediately released.
Police tell WSB-TV that an SUV was heading east in the westbound lanes of I-20, and crashed head-on into another SUV.
DeKalb police spokeswoman Mekka Parish tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the driver of the SUV that was headed in the wrong direction was hospitalized in stable condition.
Few other details were available early Monday afternoon.