FEATURED IN NEWS
- Gunman in LAPD Station Shooting Dies
- Exhumation of Serial Killer Helps Solve Chicago-area Case
- Wisconsin Court Upholds Evidence from GPS Tracking
- NYPD Twitter Request Backfires
- Albuquerque Police Forced to Shoot Armed Suspect
- Officers Keep Watchful Eye on Boston Marathon
- Shooting Inside Federal Courthouse in Salt Lake City
ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a Doraville police officer has been killed in a traffic accident on Interstate 20.
CBS Atlanta reports the accident happened Monday morning on Interstate 20 near Wesley Chapel Road in DeKalb County.
The officer's name was not immediately released.
Police tell WSB-TV that an SUV was heading east in the westbound lanes of I-20, and crashed head-on into another SUV.
DeKalb police spokeswoman Mekka Parish tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the driver of the SUV that was headed in the wrong direction was hospitalized in stable condition.
Few other details were available early Monday afternoon.