FEATURED IN NEWS
- LAPD Faces Criticism and Threats in Wake of Fatal Shooting
- National Guard Withdraws from Ferguson; Protests and Tensions Subside
- Details Emerge of Officer in Ferguson Shooting
- Attorney General Heads to Ferguson; Grand Jury Expected to Convene
- Children among Eight Held Hostage in Illinois Standoff; Officers Shot
- St. Louis Police Shoot to Stop Armed Man Threatening Officers
- New Orleans Police Chief Retires
ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a Doraville police officer has been killed in a traffic accident on Interstate 20.
CBS Atlanta reports the accident happened Monday morning on Interstate 20 near Wesley Chapel Road in DeKalb County.
The officer's name was not immediately released.
Police tell WSB-TV that an SUV was heading east in the westbound lanes of I-20, and crashed head-on into another SUV.
DeKalb police spokeswoman Mekka Parish tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the driver of the SUV that was headed in the wrong direction was hospitalized in stable condition.
Few other details were available early Monday afternoon.