FEATURED IN NEWS
- Video: Philadelphia Officer Killed in Gunfight
- Los Angeles Skid Row Shooting Reveals Agency and Government Mistakes
- Justice Department Clears Officer in Ferguson Case
- Georgia Officer Killed in Ambush
- Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Begins
- Justice Department Alleges Patterns of Discrimination in Ferguson Department
- White House Considers Ammunition Ban for Officer Protection
ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a Doraville police officer has been killed in a traffic accident on Interstate 20.
CBS Atlanta reports the accident happened Monday morning on Interstate 20 near Wesley Chapel Road in DeKalb County.
The officer's name was not immediately released.
Police tell WSB-TV that an SUV was heading east in the westbound lanes of I-20, and crashed head-on into another SUV.
DeKalb police spokeswoman Mekka Parish tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the driver of the SUV that was headed in the wrong direction was hospitalized in stable condition.
Few other details were available early Monday afternoon.