FEATURED IN NEWS
- Pennsylvania Trooper Killed During Firearms Training
- Vermont College Selects Convicted Cop Killer as Commencement Speaker
- Pipe Bomb Found During Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- First Degree Murder Charge in Oklahoma Beheading
- Appeals Court Orders Release of New Jersey Trooper’s Killer
- Search for Suspect in Pennsylvania Ambush Continues
- Tampa Faces Wave of Fire, Police Retirements
ATLANTA (AP) — Authorities say a Doraville police officer has been killed in a traffic accident on Interstate 20.
CBS Atlanta reports the accident happened Monday morning on Interstate 20 near Wesley Chapel Road in DeKalb County.
The officer's name was not immediately released.
Police tell WSB-TV that an SUV was heading east in the westbound lanes of I-20, and crashed head-on into another SUV.
DeKalb police spokeswoman Mekka Parish tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the driver of the SUV that was headed in the wrong direction was hospitalized in stable condition.
Few other details were available early Monday afternoon.