FEATURED IN NEWS
- Rookie NYPD Officer Killed, Others Injured in Crash
- Rifle Found in Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Body of Texas Deputy Found in Lake
- Shots Fired During Search for Pennsylvania Gunman
- Manhunt Continues for Gunman in Pennsylvania Ambush
- Search to Resume for Texas Deputy
- Florida Felon Kills Six Grandchildren in Murder-Suicide Rampage
DOUGLAS, Wyo. (AP) — The body of a Wyoming deputy who jumped in the North Platte River to assist a struggling girl was discovered Sunday.
It was the fourth day of searching for 29-year-old Bryan P. Gross, of the Converse County sheriff's office, who went in the river Thursday evening after a teenage girl who appeared to be struggling. The girl survived, but Gross was swept away in the river swollen by heavy snowmelt.
County Sheriff Clinton Becker said Gross' body was found late Sunday morning in the river about a mile and a half from where Gross entered.
Searchers from several law enforcement agencies and civilian volunteers checked the banks of the river. Divers, dogs and a helicopter helped in the search. The sheriff did not describe how Gross was located.