Bismarck Police Department Sergeant Steve Kenner (department photo)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- COPS TV Technician Killed During Robbery Investigation
- Missouri Governor Names New Public Safety Director
- Wyoming K9 Dies inside Hot Patrol Car
- Attempted Murder Charges in Shooting of California Officer
- Oklahoma City K9 Fatally Stabbed
- Media Fans Flames in Ferguson
- Puerto Rico Agent Succumbs to Wounds
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Bismarck police say an officer has been shot and killed while responding to a domestic disturbance call.
Police say two officers responded to a report of a man threatening a woman with a knife just before 11 p.m. Friday. When the officers arrived, they found the man sitting in a vehicle outside the house.
Police say the man shot one of the officers as they approached the vehicle. The other officer returned fire and wounded the suspect.
Police say the wounded officer died at a hospital. The suspect remained hospitalized Saturday.
Bismarck Police Chief Keith Witt said he didn't know the suspect's condition but that the suspect's wounds were not believed to be life-threatening.
- KFYR-TV: Bismarck Police Officer Killed - Suspect Named
- Great Plains Examiner: Bismarck police officer Steve Kenner killed in shooting
- KFYR-TV: Remembering a Hero
- The Bismrack Tribune: Officer the first killed in the line of duty in Bismarck
- The Bismarck Tribune: Friends recall 'gentle giant'
- The Bismarck Tribune: Police chaplains help those who mourn downed officer