Deputy Sheriff Kyle Pagerly (www.co.berks.pa.us)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- ODMP: New Mexico Sergeant Succumbs to Earlier Crash Injuries
- New Mexico Trooper Fired in Van Shooting Incident
- Mexico Police Block Hospital in Radiation Theft Case
- ‘Stop and Frisk’ is First Challenge for New NYPD Commissioner
- Remembering the Long Island Railway Massacre
- Icelandic Gunman Stopped in Nation’s First Officer-Involved Fatal Shooting
- Former NYPD Commissioner Chosen Again to Lead Department
BERKS COUNTY, Pa. (WNEP) - A Berks County sheriff’s deputy died from gunshot wounds received during a shoot-out Wednesday night just over the Schuylkill County line, according to state police.
It happened after 6:30 p.m. in Albany Township, near Hawk Mountain in Berks County, not far from New Ringgold.
Troopers said authorities were trying to serve an arrest warrant when the suspect, Matthew Connor, 25, took off.
When Deputy Kyle Pagerly came upon Connor in the woods, both opened fire. Connor was shot dead. Deputy Pagerly died at the hospital.
Troopers said the suspect was wanted for a burglary earlier this week.
- WNEP: Officer Dies After Gunfire
- WFMZ: Family, Friends Mourn Deputy's Loss, Reflect On Service To Community, Country
- Examiner.com: Berks County Deputy shot and killed
- CBS21: Deputy Sheriff killed during arrest
- WPMT: Berks County Deputy Sheriff killed in Raid
- LehighValleyLive.com: Berks County sheriff's deputy dies at hospital; suspect killed at scene of gun battle