Deputy Sheriff Kyle Pagerly (www.co.berks.pa.us)
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Holder: “Unspeakable Act of Barbarism”
- Murderer of NYPD Officers Posted Intent Online
- NYPD Officers Killed in Ambush
- Feds Sue New York City over Rikers Violence
- Arizona Sheriff Gives Up Immigration Enforcement Effort
- Grand Jury Clears Officers in FSU Shooting
- Philadelphia Fire Department Apologizes for Medic’s Jab at Police
BERKS COUNTY, Pa. (WNEP) - A Berks County sheriff’s deputy died from gunshot wounds received during a shoot-out Wednesday night just over the Schuylkill County line, according to state police.
It happened after 6:30 p.m. in Albany Township, near Hawk Mountain in Berks County, not far from New Ringgold.
Troopers said authorities were trying to serve an arrest warrant when the suspect, Matthew Connor, 25, took off.
When Deputy Kyle Pagerly came upon Connor in the woods, both opened fire. Connor was shot dead. Deputy Pagerly died at the hospital.
Troopers said the suspect was wanted for a burglary earlier this week.
- WNEP: Officer Dies After Gunfire
- WFMZ: Family, Friends Mourn Deputy's Loss, Reflect On Service To Community, Country
- Examiner.com: Berks County Deputy shot and killed
- CBS21: Deputy Sheriff killed during arrest
- WPMT: Berks County Deputy Sheriff killed in Raid
- LehighValleyLive.com: Berks County sheriff's deputy dies at hospital; suspect killed at scene of gun battle