FEATURED IN NEWS
- Minnesota Officer Killed During Traffic Stop
- Six Philadelphia Narcotics Officers Indicted
- Three North Carolina Deputies Wounded in Shootout
- Justice Department Sues Pennsylvania State Police over Fitness Test
- Fatal End for Suspect in Vegas Crime Spree
- New Jersey Officers Break up Violent Wedding Reception
- Mother Sues Border Patrol for Son’s Death
JONESBORO, Ga. -- Authorities say a sheriff's deputy has been shot and killed trying to serve a warrant to a suspected fugitive in an Atlanta suburb.
Clayton County authorities told WSB-TV the officer was assisting a fugitive squad in pulling over a suspect and serving a warrant when the shooting happened Wednesday afternoon.
The deputy was taken to Southern Regional Hospital, where he died.
At least 40 police officers were searching the area for the suspect, and a road block was set up. Sheriff's officials said the suspect is a 17-year-old boy.
WSB reports the deputy -- whose name hasn't been released -- is married with children, and has been in law enforcement for more than two decades.
- Suspected Shooter's Picture Released in Deputy Killing
- Clayton County Deputy Shot, Killed; 17-Year-Old Suspect at Large