In this undated photo provided by the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office in Newark, N.J., Shawn Custis is shown. Custis, 42, charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment in connection with a violent home invasion on Friday, June 21, that left a mother beaten in an attack that was captured by a nanny camera.
AP Photo/Essex County Prosecutor’s Office
FEATURED IN NEWS
- Florida Father Shoots Children in Violent Murder-Suicide
- Officer in Ferguson Shooting Feared for His Life
- Connecticut Establishes Task Force for Missing Girls
- Pennsylvania Trooper Wounded in Ambush Released from Hospital
- Milwaukee Officer Fired After Fatal Shooting Review
- Colorado High School Shooter Showed Warning Signs
- Illinois Deputies Shot; Suspect Arrested
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a man wanted in a New Jersey home invasion that left a mother beaten, an attack that was captured on a nanny cam.
The Essex County prosecutor's office said 42-year-old Shawn Custis was arrested Friday in Manhattan by the prosecutor's office and the FBI. Custis faces charges of attempted murder, robbery, burglary and child endangerment.
The attack last Friday in Millburn was captured on a hidden camera in the woman's home. A man can be seen bursting into the home, punching and kicking the woman and throwing her down stairs while her 3-year-old daughter cowered on a couch. Police withheld the names of the woman and child.
County chief of detectives Anthony Ambrose said Friday that Custis was being transported to an undisclosed location in New Jersey.