FEATURED IN COMPANY & PEOPLE NEWS
- Serial Rape Investigation Brought to Closure Using 4-Year-Old License Plate Reader Data
- Static to Dynamic: Spokane, Wash., Shares Legacy to GIS-centric CAD Transition Lessons
- Neil Schlisserman joins Vigilant Solutions Executive Management Team
- Tech Inside the Gear: The New 2014 Harley-Davidson Police Line
- Laser Technology, Inc. and Police Chief Howard Hall to Co-host National Law Enforcement Challenge Webcast
- The National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA) Special Summer Offer!
- Reliable Communications Help CERT “Do The Most Good For The Most People”
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – September 6, 2012 – The 2012 HALO Counter-Terrorism Summit (Oct. 29 – Nov. 2, 2012) today announced the addition of San Diego Chief of Police William Lansdowne as a special guest speaker. The Summit will fully occupy San Diego’s Paradise Point Resort, utilizing the unique 44-acre island setting for land-based and maritime training exercises, live-action demonstrations and course education delivered by a veritable brain trust of experts and operators known for their work in the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, law enforcement agencies and private sector security. As the Police Chief of the seventh largest city in the United States, Mr. Lansdowne will deliver opening remarks on Monday, October 29, bringing a unique perspective on the law enforcement and homeland security issues facing San Diego and other high-density urban areas.
“I am honored to be a special guest speaker at the HALO Counter-Terrorism Summit,” said Chief Lansdowne. “I look forward to supporting this organization in its ongoing efforts to create a safer environment for all.”
Chief Lansdowne was sworn in as San Diego’s Chief of Police on August 4, 2003. He presently reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the City San Diego, with a population of 1.3 million people, the seventh largest city in the United States, and second largest city in California. Chief Lansdowne began his law enforcement career in 1966, and has since served as Chief of Police for the cities of Richmond and San Jose, California. He also served the state as a member of the California National Guard (1966-72). Over the years, Chief Lansdowne has expanded his expertise and his reputation as one of the foremost law enforcement professionals in the country. He is a graduate of the FBI National Academy and has served on a variety of state and national boards, including the Major Cities Chiefs, High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas (HIDTA) Program and Governor’s Anti-Terrorism Task Force. He is a member of the California Homeland Security Public Safety Advisory Committee and the San Diego Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Chief Lansdowne joins a distinguished lineup of Summit speakers and instructors from the law enforcement, military and intelligence communities, including:
- General Michael Hayden, former director of CIA and NSA
- Alejandro Poiré Romero, Secretary of the Interior, Mexico
- Deputy Chief Michael Downing, Commanding Officer, LAPD Counter-Terrorism and Special Operations Bureau
- David Major, FBI Supervisory Special Agent (ret.) and former Director of Intelligence and Counterintelligence Programs, National Security Council
- Douglas Ollivant, Senior Counterinsurgency Advisor to the Commander, Regional Command-East at Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan. Former Director for Iraq at the National Security Council.
- David Willliams, former FBI Special Agent, Incident Commander following the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers military complex in Saudi Arabia; FBI Headquarters task force leader for the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center and the 1995 domestic terrorism attack on the Oklahoma City federal building.
- Paul Hagerty, Senior Special Agent, ATF
- Sylvia Longmire, Air Force Captain (ret.) and former Special Agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations
- Melesio Hernandez, Country Attaché, United States Marshals Service, Mexico City Foreign Field Office
Ken Good, former Naval Special Warfare operator
The HALO Counter-Terrorism Summit takes place Oct. 29 – Nov. 2, 2012 at Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, California. Registration is currently open, and a full schedule and course listing is available online. For more information or to register, please visit www.TheHaloSummit.com.
About the HALO Corporation
Founded in 2006, the HALO Corporation is a California-based security organization comprised of former special operations, national security and intelligence personnel. HALO exists to provide safety and security for those in need and to improve all aspects of physical and information security, disaster response and humanitarian aid. Through its three core divisions - training and education, operational services, and science and technology - HALO supports the U.S. military, government and law enforcement agencies, and corporate and international clients. HALO operational services and specializations include: counterterrorism; kidnap and ransom (K&R); executive protection; critical infrastructure protection; disaster management and response; maritime security and force protection; and intelligence, threat reporting and surveillance operations. For more information, please visit www.thehalocorp.com.
This is an overview of the HALO Counter Terrorism Summit and the events that are taking place on HALO Island -- San Diego, CA, 29OCT-02NOV2012:
2012 HALO Counter-Terrorism Summit – Video Preview