FEATURED IN INDUSTRY NEWS
- VirTra Signs Co-Venture Agreement with Modern Round
- Henderson Police Officers’ Association Donates $25,000 to National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Fund as Patrons of Independence Sponsor
- Safety Vision welcomes new Marketing Manager and VP of Sales
- Snapshot Puts a Face on a Four-Year-Old Cold Case
- IACP’s National Law Enforcement Challenge Hosts Webinar to Help Save Lives
- Statement of IACP President Richard Beary on NYPD Officers Killed in the Line of Duty
- Video Evidence Helps Protect the Truth
Each year, Law Officer demonstrates its commitment to training through its Trainer of the Year Award, which honors an individual who has demonstrated outstanding skills and made lasting contributions to the law enforcement profession.
- Training ability: Nominees should be outstanding in their ability to train and convey the core objectives of their subject. They should be innovative and demonstrate a commitment to maintaining their skills and knowledge by staying current on developing techniques and technologies.
- Leadership: Nominees should have a demonstrated ability to lead by example, inspiration and dedication.
- Safety: Nominees will be known for conducting training that includes adequate safeguards to minimize the chance of preventable injuries.
- Interpersonal communication: Nominees should exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Long-term commitment: Nominees should have a demonstrated history of providing or facilitating quality training and be known for going the extra distance to serve the law enforcement community. Service beyond assigned duties is noteworthy and will be strongly considered.
All submissions should include:
- Primary contact information (name, title, agency, address, phone, fax, email, etc.) for the person nominating;
- Secondary contact information;
- Nominee information (name, title, agency, address, phone, fax, email, etc.); and
- A 500-word description that explains the nominee’s qualities, extraordinary achievements, unique leadership skills and innovative programs/practices.